overall
RATINGS: 1157   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.55/5   IBU: 25   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%
For periods of fasting without solid foods, Monastic brewers relied on the double bock; a stronger, richer beer to fulfill their basic nutritional needs. Known to them as liquid bread, a double bock has a strong malt aroma and chewy rich body. In the spirited tradition of naming a double bock in the suffix ator, we give you Troegenator to provide warmth and richness through the early spring months.

Hops: Magnum, German Northern Brewer

mrohia's rating

mrohia (256) - Ohio, USA - DEC 23, 2012
Doubleday's, Pittsburgh. Dark copper. A little spicy, a little fizzy. Good head. Nice. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

SanfordBrewer (1574) - Sanford, Florida, USA - MAY 30, 2017
Translucent mahogany with thin but creamy tan head. Full body with moderately high carbonation.

Aroma: roasty malt, dark fruit, sweet bready munich malt.

Taste: malty sweet with munich and roasted malts, minimal hop character and bitterness, very clean.

True to classic style.

BeerdedDave (1678) - Beckley, USA - MAY 18, 2017
clear, amber color; nice malty aroma; malty flavor - caramel and choclate notes; well balanced; slightly bitter

ginotarugo (70) - Pennsylvania, USA - APR 12, 2017
Fantastic! Smooth. 8.2% ABV well hidden. Best Doppelbock I have had. I like this beer so much I fear moving away from PA and not being to get Troegenator again. I will happily drink this anytime.

rustbucket0873 (460) - Greenville, South Carolina, USA - MAR 30, 2017
Pours brown with a fluffy tan head. the aroma is chocolate, caramel, earthiness. the flavor is light caramel, earthy, grass, small amount of chocolate and noble hops at the end. leaves palate clean and dry. overall complex and rich.

laminarman (32) - - FEB 8, 2017
Pours a medium brown with small tan head. On the nose chocolate, toast and roasted notes with a little bubblegum. There is a sweet molasses presence that hits you first. A round, malty, full palate that is pleasant and sweet. Pleasant, but doublebocks are not my favorite beers as I like less sweetness present.

Larry_Duffman (527) - - FEB 6, 2017
I poured it from the bottle into a glass. It pours red with a beige head. The head dissipates quickly. The aroma is cherry, medicinal, and chocolate. The taste is cherry, bread, and chocolate. There’s kind of a medicinal aftertaste to it. I’m not a huge fan of the style. Even so, I’ve enjoyed others of this style more.

17Beer (343) - Connecticut, USA - JAN 14, 2017
Big malty smells with a cherry undertone. Pours clear dark mahogany with a tan head that dissipates quickly. Big round tastes of carmel, malt and sweet lingering finish some distinct alcohol but in balance. Mild carbonation and a fizzy mouthfeel. Very creditable.

SONOFWODEN (56) - New York, USA - JAN 1, 2017
This is my first Doppelbock and I really enjoy the style. I have purchased it in both bottles and cans. Great malty, sweet aroma and taste. The one downside is that it does not pour with much of a head which quickly dissipates to nothing. I have tried two different types of glasses with no luck.

bigbish (712) - California, USA - DEC 29, 2016
I love a good dopplebock and this is a good some. Great flavor, very smooth, lots of roasted notes. Good stuff.

NordicV (2332) - Malmö, Sweden, SWEDEN - DEC 27, 2016
mörkare bärnstensfärgad öl med ljusbeige skum. Doften och smaken ör söt med malt, karamell, mogna mörka frukter och viss alkoholsötma. En viss beska balanserar sötman något.