overall
Brewed by Engel Brauerei
Style: Imperial Pils/Strong Pale Lager
Schwäbisch Gmünd, Germany

RATINGS: 31   MEAN: 3.13/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.11/5   EST. CALORIES: 222   ABV: 7.4%
Light golden malty doppelbock

shorlin (736) - St. John’s, Newfoundland, CANADA - APR 18, 2001
Kind of flat, both in carbonation and in flavour. I wasn't very impressed. Perhaps I was expecting too much...

bu11zeye (13215) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - MAY 1, 2005
(Bottle) Pours a lightly cloudy yellow body with a spare white head. Aroma of grain, mild cigar, herbs, and lemon. Flavor of grain, fruit, and dustiness. Soft carbonation with a chalky finish. Not what I would characterize as a dopplebock.

whaleman (2178) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 14, 2006
Bright golden body with visible, hazy yeast, moderate carbonation, and a flat-fading soapy white head. Aroma of sweet honey, sweet pale wort, maple and apple notes, plus a touch of alcohol and a nutty, buttery element. Medium sweetness, less so than anticipated, with low bitterness and some gentle alcoholic warmth. Texture is like warm, watery syrup. Not my thing.

dberger624 (1028) - Voorhees, New Jersey, USA - JAN 16, 2003
Possibly a bad bottle. Poured flat. To many floaters for my taste. It's a black non-see through bottle so I couldn't tell. Alcohol smell was a little overpowering.

daboskabouter (1469) - Fergus, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 28, 2001
No head to speak of. Faintly bitter, some citrus. Overall very weak, almost stale.

toad99 (15) - USA - APR 15, 2002
Not what I expected for the acl. content. I can't really compare it with other Dopplebock brews, because I haven't tried any. But I enjoyed this one so much, that I would gladly try another.

HenrikSoegaard (14598) - Randers, DENMARK - OCT 18, 2009
Bottle. Vintage 2005. Frothy white fair mostly deminishing head. Dark yellow colour. Light malty and hoppy aroma. Moderate sweet and light bitter flavor. Average finish. Oily palate. Very oxidised.

angel77 (3866) - oviedo, SPAIN - SEP 4, 2015
UPDATED: AUG 12, 2016 Botella 33 cl tomada en la antigua internacional Oviedo aproximadamente en 2002. (r20). Lote 3A sin fc pref. Belga sin mucho que decir o recordar salvo el diseño de la etiqueta. Normal.

NYHarvey (2153) - New York, New York, USA - JAN 13, 2006
Aroma is sickly sweet honeyish malt. Color is gold/yellow with a rapidily diminishing head. Flat and honey sweet. I don’t know if this is gone bad or if it’s as intended. It doesn’t taste infected, but it doesn’t taste like much else either except for the honey tinged maltiness.

Enjoyit (3809) - Vadum, DENMARK - OCT 15, 2009
BBE 1995. Amber of color with a small white head. An aroma of port, sweets and honey. A flavor of honey and sweets.