overall
Style: Premium Lager
Qinqdao, China
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 2046   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.03/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Tsingtao Beer has a pleasant aroma and a well-balanced taste. It has high-malty flavor and well-hopped character. Tsingtao is produced with spring water from Laoshan, a mountain area famous throughout China for the purity of its water. The domestically-grown hops used to brew Tsingtao are of such high quality that they are also exported to European breweries. Tsingtao also uses the finest yeast and barley imported from Australia and Canada in its brewing process.

NOTE: Under this entry, rate ONLY exported Tsingtao that roughly matches the ABV and local Tsingtao that matches it completely. If it differs in any way and doesn’t match the other entries under the brewer, please send in a bug report with the alcohol percentage, degrees plato (important!), the GTIN and preferably a link to a picture of both the front and the back label so that we can set up an entry.

Derek881 (1272) - Denver, Colorado, USA - NOV 20, 2006
While on vacation in China I had this beer with meals several times, in the large bottle format. In the United States, an average to below-average beer, but in China, which I have based my rating on, it was quite good and rich. The beer had a full gold color and a moderate white head, with fizzy carbonation. The aroma was hop-controlled and predominantly floral and herbal. An almost-medium-bodied beer with a good, bitter flavor. Definitely a beer that I would look forward to trying again if in China.

mansquito (6333) - Nueva York, New York, USA - NOV 16, 2006
Tried it in a Tibetan restaurant. Ironic I suppose. The beer is crisp, but at the same time watery. It is more than I expected from an Asian beer, but still not really all that great. Had a little bitter bite, but nothing really worth mentioning. Would never really search out this beer again, it isn’t really worth it, but as for a taste of China it is worth drinking it once or maybe twice.

SudsMcDuff (8386) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - NOV 16, 2006
Good clean crisp, not at all a bad beer, good but slightly lacking in the taste department, but good, some lacing head, funny enough, it went down very easily and smooth! the bitterness is what i liked, and not to carbonated so its easy drinking...

Mirage52 (147) - New Market, Maryland, USA - NOV 16, 2006
Pours a bright golden color with a medium sized thick head. Medium carbination. Mouthfeel is almost creamy and the finish contains a slightly sweet, yet bitter taste. Not worth the hefty import price, but not a bad beer on its own.

biznizness (1128) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - NOV 15, 2006
Ah, nothing like Japanese beer to get the ratings up. This beer blew, but I had a nice spicy tuna roll and salmon roll with it. I love sushi.

gearbike (512) - West Bloomfield, Michigan, USA - NOV 15, 2006
Just a touch better than a bad pilsner. Sort of a refreshing plain palate.

AmazonMatt (285) - PANAMA - NOV 14, 2006
The first time that I had this beer at a Chinese restaurant, they clearly had filled the bottle with Panamaa crap beer. After having the real thing a month later, I can confirm that this beer is notably better than Panama swill. To start with, it has a better malty taste. I could finish the bottle, which is more than I could say about Panama beer. Not good, but passable.

JAF737300 (1291) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 13, 2006
OK, chinese piss water. This is what they drink and complain about like we do with Miller Lite. If it is free, I;ll drink it, if I have to buy it....I’ll try the sake.

emotv (353) - Izmir, TURKEY - NOV 1, 2006
Tasted from can. Golden colour, head not stays more than 2 seconds that can show me no bodied at all. Clear taste, not hoppy at all. Poor lager as i expected.

17thfloor (2443) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 31, 2006
Has aroma of sour apples. Little apple taste as well. What makes this beer is the springwater, gives it a nice crispness.