overall
Brewed by Tsingtao Brewery
Style: Pale Lager
Qinqdao, China

RATINGS: 2010   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.04/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Tsingtao Beer has a pleasant aroma and a well-balanced taste. It has high-malty flavor and well-hopped character. Tsingtao is produced with spring water from Laoshan, a mountain area famous throughout China for the purity of its water. The domestically-grown hops used to brew Tsingtao are of such high quality that they are also exported to European breweries. Tsingtao also uses the finest yeast and barley imported from Australia and Canada in its brewing process.

NOTE: Under this entry, rate ONLY exported Tsingtao that roughly matches the ABV and local Tsingtao that matches it completely. If it differs in any way and doesn’t match the other entries under the brewer, please send in a bug report with the alcohol percentage, degrees plato (important!), the GTIN and preferably a link to a picture of both the front and the back label so that we can set up an entry.

yngwie (17168) - Kristiansand, NORWAY - SEP 27, 2005
UPDATED: JUN 30, 2008 Bottle. Light golden with white head. Some malt in aroma and taste, but generally very light. A little citric aftertaste. (050923)

jtw (1165) - farmington, Michigan, USA - SEP 26, 2005
chinese heineken. not good, but not terrible; it would benefit from a brown bottle instead of green. best with spicy chinese food!

hannaugh (10) - Fullerton, California, USA - SEP 20, 2005
This is the worst beer I’ve ever tasted. Sour and bitter, with too much carbonation. My friend described it as "skunk pee", and I totally agree. I would prefer Bud to this, and I hate Bud.

Bart (2936) - Brussels, BELGIUM - SEP 20, 2005
Very clear yellow colour, small and diminishing head. Maybe just one hop in the aroma; some carbonation, simple beer, no texture, little bit wattery. Almost no finish.

1.3
biz82 (1327) - austin, Texas, USA - SEP 19, 2005
Not quite clear with particulate and thin head. I’m told it’s pronounced "ching dow." Meaty aroma with some fruits and vegetables. Light and sweet in flavor with a watery palate. Watch out for the formaldahide.

maeib (8749) - Wootton, Northampton, Northamptonshire, ENGLAND - SEP 16, 2005
Bottled. A golden colourd lager with a skunky rice like smell. The taste is initially just icy but there then follows an insanely sweet yet sickly hoppy flavour. Really weird aftertaste that is not too pleasant. Odd!

exactoknife (4) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - SEP 13, 2005 does not count
All I have to say about Tsingtao is "Chinaken". Same lame taste, different bottle.

0.7
tronraner (2459) - Walland, Tennessee, USA - SEP 12, 2005
Bottle. Wow, this actually looks exactly like urine. But it smells worse. Not sure what to say about the flavor... reminds me of aspirin, but gives me a headache nonetheless. Yuck.

0.8
NachlamSie (3532) - Denver, Colorado, USA - SEP 12, 2005
bottle. Pours a piss-yellow with a thin white head. The aroma is highly offensive and really smells like skunk spray. The flavor is pretty much rice with a nasty dirt taste in the finish. I feel like I’m committing a sin against my body when I drink this.

1.1
Magjayran (1378) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - SEP 9, 2005
Pours a clear bright yellow with a very thin white head. Ricey aroma with some skunk. Nasty skunky, rice flavor with a hint of hops and a lot of water. Very boring, very bad.