RATINGS: 534   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.59/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Hops!!! A rich harvest ale, deep gold & and extravagantly hopped. Carefully aged with whole flower Mt. Hood & Cascades.

MilkmanDan (1943) - Eagan, Minnesota, USA - JUL 9, 2001
I like hops. I really, really like hops. Therefore, I really, really like Hop Pocket. Clubs you in the head with hops--a killer American Pale Ale.

canary dog (766) - Rutland, Vermont, USA - JUN 14, 2001
Quite hoppy. But too dry also. Like another rater said, needs some maltiness. Not nearly as good as Anchor Liberty. Overall, it is good, because of it’s hearty hops.

VA Homebrewer (525) - Portsmouth, Virginia, USA - APR 19, 2001
I’d put this beer up against most any good IPA. Good hop flavor and aroma without being overpowering. Very bitter and dry. The only thing holding this beer back is a lack of maltiness to blend with the abundant hops. If you love hops, this is a good choice.

MainerInExile (41) - Nashua, New Hampshire, USA - MAR 25, 2001
Ah...magnificent hoppiness, which is definitely a strong point with me. A good pale ale worth having again.

aledrinkerLS (101) - New Brunswick, USA - FEB 26, 2001

Fantomasus (291) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JAN 30, 2001
Assertive which I like, but the HOPS! Almost a destraction.

Bov (12636) - Bienne, SWITZERLAND - DEC 14, 2000
intense orange colour, big head, deep hop aroma, smooth, very very dry aftertaste

kenk99 (168) - Leonia, New Jersey, USA - NOV 30, 2000

Oakes (17274) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - NOV 19, 2000
Hoppy enough, but I need more. Old Dominion has another contract brew, New River Pale Ale, which I feel delivers on the promises made by Tupper’s great press.

PhillyBeer2112 (2821) - Oviedo, Florida, USA - NOV 18, 2000
Loads of hops. I had this instead of dessert after a big meal - not because its sweet (which its not) but because the intense hopping seems to actually settle the stomach. Better than a hop tea for its herbal properties.