RATINGS: 523   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.59/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Hops!!! A rich harvest ale, deep gold & and extravagantly hopped. Carefully aged with whole flower Mt. Hood & Cascades.

bu11zeye's rating

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
bu11zeye (13215) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - JAN 25, 2004
(Bottle) Pours a golden color with a thick creamy head. Have a grapefruit aroma and a light mouth feel. Flavors of hops and grapefruit.

Bill Becker (1770) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - OCT 24, 2017
From Apr 2007 This pours from 12oz bottle(bottled 011807) a slightly hazy a medium gold with a small head of foam that soon diminishes to a few islands in the middle. Just a wee bit of lacing to be found. The smell is a nice mix of firstly, grassy and citrusy hops; secondly of some caramel malt. Good nose. The taste on first sip is an abundance of grass and grapefruit. I can certainly tell that this is dry hopped..it has that certain "twang" that I so enjoy in brews that are hop dominated. Further sips in and the malt profile becomes more noticeable, and does a really god job of semi balancing out the hoppiness. It shines the most when I swish the ale in my mouth. Yummy. The mouthfeel is full and the finish starts off bitter but actually ends on a sweet note for me....I love that aftertaste. Bottom line: Another brew provided by jwc215 and I couldn't be happier. A ton of complex flavour and oh, so, drinkable. Many thanks, my friend!!

hauxe (927) - Butzbach, Hesse, GERMANY - DEC 24, 2015
Rated from old notes. Dark gold, strong, lot and lots of hops but still well balanced.

slowrunner77 (12804) - Reno, Nevada, USA - SEP 27, 2014
"Well balanced, but still more hop forward (and more flavorful) than many apa’s out there. bright citrus hops in the aroma and flavor, medium bitterness, and a sturdy caramel malt backbone...maybe a hint of nut? solid pale ale."

Butters (4176) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - MAR 25, 2014
Clear light golden pour with MASSIVE billowing pillowtop head. Extremely floral nose with just a hint of citrusy/funky yeast. that shows up more on the flavor. Bottle was about 6 months old, but the hops had really faded quite a bit. Really reminds me kinda of an Orval with the funkiness. Not unenjoyable though.

harrymel (1551) - Spokane, Washington, USA - DEC 21, 2013
From notes at bier baron in dc. A: straw ale with brilliant clarity. White and sud like foam leave sheets of lacing. S: sweet, lite and with lots of floral notes. I keep sniffing this one. T: again with sweet notes, converge into the ever-present grains and finishes with a good bitter jab at the end. I get jasmine on the finish. Excellent. M: med to lo body (little heavy for the style but I like) and low carb. Slick finish. O: might be my new favorite domestic pils. Really nice beer. Serving type: on-tap 06-23-2011

Beerathon (1681) - Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 21, 2013
I must be missing something here, because I taste nothing close to a 95 worthy rating. Extravagant fluffy head, burnt orange color, aroma of pine and earth tones. Not much of a malt presence, nor is the hop flavor that enjoyable. Soapy and thin.

Shanebrews (294) - Virginia, USA - OCT 20, 2013
This is good. It is an American IPA, displaying the hop character of a beer from the Pacific Northwest, yet in balance with a discernible malt presence. It is bitter but balanced, refreshing, and pairs with food with great versatility.

rumproasts (6035) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - SEP 14, 2013
bottle. Deep golden with two finger head. This is intensely hoppy for a pale. I suspect that’s due to the whole cone hops. Light malt body, and nice piney bitterness.

DCLawyer (2914) - Falls Church, Virginia, USA - AUG 12, 2013
Bottle->shaker. Light amber with huge frothy offwhite head. Very hop-forward with pine and citrus. Lasting bitter finish. Good.

Beergeek23322 (2643) - Chester, Virginia, USA - JUL 28, 2013
May 2010. I’ve had this beer several times when I can find it around town. Orange amber color with a nice white head. Pine, hops, citrus, spice and floral aromas. Very nice and balanced APA.