overall
RATINGS: 286   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.61/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Tuppers’ Hop Pocket Pils is made via a complex hopping schedule which includes dry hopping for weeks over whole-flower Saaz and Mt. Hood hops. Also used are Saaz, Mittelfruh, Spalt and Mt. Hood in the kettle. The beer is bottled and keg conditioned which provides very fine carbonation and a fine head.

DarkBeer (47) - Ohio, USA - AUG 6, 2008
I don’t drink a lot of pils, but I like this one. It’s intensely hoppy. Pours a lovely gold. It likes to be served cold on a hot day. Full-bodoed. slightly citrusy, a perfect session beer for being outside fishing, or playng softball, or grilling burgers, or just sitting on the porch with friends.

ucusty (2693) - raleigh, North Carolina, USA - JUL 18, 2008
Slightly hazy gold pour with fluffy off- white head. Fresh Saaz aroma and flavor. Plenty of malt character. Clean, crisp and easy to drink, I cant believe I hadn’t tried this one!

JCB (3999) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - JUN 5, 2008
12oz bottle from Total Wine, Durham. Damn Jim, this is the ticket. It’s hot as balls outside and a frosty one of these is precisely what I crave right about now. It’s a really lovely pour, with a fairly thin but very active head. Sweet Saaz in the aroma, with some pepper blending with lemon. Crisp and malty, fairly full bodied, this is a delicious and highly sessionable beer.

lightning9191 (82) - Christiansburg, Virginia, USA - APR 24, 2008
I’m not a huge fan of pils, so keep that in mind as you read my review. This beer has a huge negative in my book. It pours with a huge head. Now don’t get me wrong....I like a thick head, but this is ridiculous (I docked it appearance points for this attribute). My first pour I got an entire pint of foam. This beer took about 10 minutes to get it into my pint glass. The aroma is hoppy and smells like a pils. The flavor is malty with some nice hop notes. This might be the best pils I’ve tasted. The carbonation level was lower then expected after my problems getting it into a glass. The body is nice and smooth on this beer. If I was in the mood for a pils, I would definitely reach for this one.....the ten minutes to pour it are well worth it.

gueuzeisgod (113) - Graham, North Carolina, USA - MAR 18, 2008
Bottle, pours with a nice lively carbonation forming a generous head that slowly collapses leaving light, wispy lace on the glass. Aroma is full of floral, continental hops. Yeast character smells czech. Well rounded flavor, many earthy, grassy, lemony components. An impressively well brewed beer, very delicious.

Goodgrief (2081) - Middletown, Delaware, USA - FEB 16, 2008
Nov. 2006 - I was actually quite liking this one. Poured yellow pilsner color with a bunch of fizzy bubbles obscurring it’s clearness. Aroma of malt and grassiness came from the pour. Nice yellow head, lacing all over the glass. The flavor was a nice...lemony, grassy, floral with a really crisp pronounced hop bite. Refreshing!

bitbucket (2166) - Kirkland, Washington, USA - FEB 12, 2008
Bottle. Pours hazy gold with a lacy white head. Light body, fine carbonation. Pine, biscuit and grass on the nose and tongue. A nice, drinkable Pils.

after4ever (8025) - Mukilteo, Washington, USA - FEB 11, 2008
12-oz. Cloudy lemony yellow. Fizzy white head. Laceless. Nutty, grassy nose. Nice light body with plenty of firm carb. Biscuity and toasty with a nice long dry finish. Very nicely done.

CheersMate (1343) - Portland (Sellhood), Oregon, USA - FEB 5, 2008
Decent looking pils. The only problem is that this stuff is way too bubbly. The color is nice. A nice peach/gold color. Translucent to opaque in clarity. A nice hoppy/fruity aroma. I am very pleased with the aroma. The beer is very aromatic. There is one complaint I have about this beer. It smells somewhat like champagne. As stated before, the hops are very nice, and can be picked up by the nose easily, but I don’t like the aroma of champagne. The beer is nice and smooth, and that hop flavor is definitely there. This pils is definitely nice, but that sharp hop flavor does not allow any malt sweetness to come through. The beer tastes somewhat dry to me. If this beer had not been as smooth as it was, I would have rated it lower. Other than the hops there is really not too much going on here. This beer is decent, but I am not sure that it deserves the 91st percentile. Just an opinion. The hops are very nice, and the beer is decent, but after one six-pack I am finished with this one.

jason (1836) - Easton, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 11, 2008
Bottle. Poured a cloudy golden body with nice head. aroma is crisp hops. Flavor is smooth, well balanced with a nice crisp hoppiness to it. This is way too drinkable.