overall
RATINGS: 1079   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.15/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Bottle: Filtered
Brewed in Kenya since 1922.
Ingredients: Malt, Sugar, Hops, CO2, Permitted correctives and stabilisers
Medium alcohol beer that is a favorite choice for many occasions.

ARMed (625) - Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 26, 2006
I think this beer is getting a bad wrap from most of the posters. I find that it is extremely refreshing and quite satsifying. There is not one specific thing that stands out to emphasize this beer as a premium lager, however, it does have a great taste, and the last time I checked, taste in a beer is the most important thing! Try this on eon a hot summer day and you will enjoy the refreshing taste of Tusker.

GG (2332) - NorCal, California, USA - AUG 17, 2006
I can either take this beer or leave it. It didn’t carry anything new with it that I haven’t tasted or seen a hundred times before, but it’s still enjoyable. Aroma was a little bit on the corn side, and slightly sweet but it still had a little interesting flicker of hops to keep things alive. Appearance was an average looking lager, yellowish-gold with little head retention. Mouthfeel was light, refreshing, and clean. Flavor was malty sweet and nothing really offensive. I can see this going down after a hot day, but as a regular beer it’s just too boring.

dmutai (1) - ENGLAND - AUG 13, 2006 does not count
Definately the Best Beer in the World, I mean,you’ve got to try it to believe it! The colour is pure Gold!

onystrom (1334) - Magellan Hunter! - Skanderborg, DENMARK - AUG 4, 2006
Clear light yellow color with fine head. Not a bad lager . With some malty flavor but at 4.2% its watery.

Nicko (223) - Ashfield, AUSTRALIA - JUL 31, 2006
I didn’t think this was too bad, but reading the comments below i’m starting to doubt myself. Pale gold with slight hop aroma, big initial head that disapears half way through. No bubbles. Very crisp taste, and a little bit sweet. Refreshing, one for summer.

omhper (25742) - Tyresö, SWEDEN - JUL 29, 2006
[Bottled] Pale golden, near no head. Neutral aroma. Obvious flavour from corn and paper. Sweet and mellow, and only containing off-flavours derived from adjuncts. No bitterness.

nick76 (4402) - Tampa, Florida, USA - JUL 23, 2006
UPDATED: FEB 17, 2007 The aroma has multi-grain, herbal hops, cooked vegetables, and maybe a little citrus. The appearance is light pale gold with a medium sized, sea foam looking, head. It also looks poorly carbonated but does not feel so in the mouth. The flavor is sweet but not overly so, it has a nice twist of lemon taste but also has a vegetable stew quality. The palate is watery. There is a slight taste of corn chips in the finish. Overall it was better than I was expecting but hardly a good beer.

wanderingman (54) - Guelph, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 23, 2006
I always like the look of a good lager. My first beer from Africa and I was mildly impressed. Golden colour with a high amount of carbonation. Light tasting, slightly grainy and very little aftertaste. Overall not a bad beer, but not really something that stoodout as a quality lager. Haven’t decided if I would have it again.

KingofCastle (208) - London, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 19, 2006
UPDATED: APR 18, 2009 500 mL bottle: Very typical of tropical/pale/sweet lager style but disappointing. Almost a lemon or very mild fruit taste, but very watery. Sweetens slightly as it warms but not much. Better served very cold. Goes down light but too watery for my liking. Too thin a body for even a pale lager. Absolutely no finish to speak of. Try Tiger or Carib or Kalyani or Castle for better example of style. Better yet, grab a Svytury’s Ekstra.

massurfer (7) - winter springs, Florida, USA - JUL 16, 2006 does not count
I really havent had too many beers but for what i have tried this is my favorite. The taste is perfectly round and not too harsh on any extreme. The hint of lemon is a great addition as well. One of the most thirst quenching beers i have ever tasted.