overall
RATINGS: 134   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.36/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 273   ABV: 9.1%
OH BROTHER! is one of a series of special limited-run beers in styles that are more extreme or unusual. <P>This crisp, straw-colored ale is blessed with a host of spicy and fruity aromas. We brew it from pilsener malt, candy sugar and some very non-traditional hop choices. But hey, we never said we were monks. Weíre just brothers.

JaBier (7871) - Capital City, Ohio, USA - JUN 1, 2009
Sampled at the Two Brothers tasting at Blacklick Wine & Spirits on 5/21/09. Cloudy/chunky orange-ish copper pour with a medium off-white head. Yeasty and spicy aroma with a bit of tartness. Sweet and sour flavor with plenty of malt and citrus fruit. I liked this one a lot better than I thought I would.

JorisPPattyn (9929) - Ursel, BELGIUM - SEP 26, 2005
Light-orange beer, very sparkling hue, some hazyness; good white head, fine and with slightly orange taint. White candy sugar, as well as the inevitable citrus. Fruity and vinous nose, dried apricots, botrytis. Dry orange peel, touch of spiciness, tinned mandarine parts on juice, and I cannot exactly place the spice. Quite dry, whilst spritzy MF despite little visible carbonation. Very original taste - even when I would rather call it Belgian strong ale than a classic tripel. Fusel alcohols, real ethanol is very well hidden. Big thanks to Lachesis, who brought me what Jason and Jim didnít - but itís great, brothers!

Alcoholist (570) - Peoria, Illinois, USA - OCT 2, 2005
Hazy burnt orange with a medium white head. Candy sugar, cirtrus and yeast in the nose. Flavour is apricots, malts and orange with some good spicyness. Good alcohol, orange and spice, quite a nice effort, very belgian, though Iím not sure itís a trippel.

esjaygee (3904) - Oak Creek, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 8, 2008
Cloudy yellow with thin white quickly diminishing head. Aroma of Belgian yeast, fruit, lemon peel and banana. Taste is very fruity with banana leading the way with some berries mixed in. Perhaps a little too sweet and the alcohol is somewhat noticeable, but overall a decent beer.

NobleSquirrel (3438) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 16, 2008
I must say, I didnít have the highest expectations going into this. Bottle from WLV. Nice phenolic nose of banana and spice, with orange peel. Color is cloudy orange, no head. I kept getting tricked when I tasted it, as I expected the caramelized taste of a decoction, given the front end. Overall, however, had a very nice, dry finish with a fruity middle. Pretty nice tripel, actually...

GeneralGao (3614) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - JUL 12, 2008
22oz bottle. Nice aroma of distinct clove and fleshy fruits (especially pear). Poured a cloudy medium orange color. The head was white and left some tattered lace behind. Medium bodied and a bit vinous with a hint of white wine. I also tasted the clove and fleshy fruits that came out in the nose. Pretty good stuff.

bu11zeye (13029) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - AUG 25, 2008
(Draught) Pours a cloudy golden body with a small white head. Aroma of banana, floral, honey, sourdough, apple cider vinegar, and orange. Flavor of banana, orange peel, clove, coriander, white pepper, and some apple with a soft mouthfeel. This was a pleasant surprise. Excellent tripel!

gearbike (512) - West Bloomfield, Michigan, USA - SEP 21, 2008
Light orange with small frothy head. Very lively and different. Dry and crisp with a spicy finish. Pepper taste with well hidden alcohol.

Optigon (562) - Bloomington, Indiana, USA - SEP 22, 2008
Pours orange with a fine, white head. Woo! Really spicy and sweet. Mild sour aftertaste. Aroma is sweet and almost nutty in a strange way to me. Very good and spicy.

BeerVirgin72 (880) - Pickerington, Ohio, USA - JUL 5, 2009
Bottle shared at Muckfest 2009 in Lancaster Ohio. Cloudy copper pour. Sweet malty and yeasty aroma. Flavor was nice, lemony, honey, citrius, with a slight peppery finish. Very nice.