overall
RATINGS: 133   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.36/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 273   ABV: 9.1%
OH BROTHER! is one of a series of special limited-run beers in styles that are more extreme or unusual. <P>This crisp, straw-colored ale is blessed with a host of spicy and fruity aromas. We brew it from pilsener malt, candy sugar and some very non-traditional hop choices. But hey, we never said we were monks. We’re just brothers.

Rciesla (5607) - Exit 15W, New Jersey, USA - FEB 12, 2009
Bottle. Pours a pale yellow body with a mostly white head. Sweet and malty up front with loads of fruit. Tart cherries, citrus, sweet alcohol latent candied sugars, bananas and a hint of lemon. Apple and some chewy sweetness with a light tart finish. A mild spiciness also finds its way in here as well. This beer was all over the place, i enjoyed it.

JaBier (8316) - Capital City, Ohio, USA - JUN 1, 2009
Sampled at the Two Brothers tasting at Blacklick Wine & Spirits on 5/21/09. Cloudy/chunky orange-ish copper pour with a medium off-white head. Yeasty and spicy aroma with a bit of tartness. Sweet and sour flavor with plenty of malt and citrus fruit. I liked this one a lot better than I thought I would.

Alcoholist (570) - Peoria, Illinois, USA - OCT 2, 2005
Hazy burnt orange with a medium white head. Candy sugar, cirtrus and yeast in the nose. Flavour is apricots, malts and orange with some good spicyness. Good alcohol, orange and spice, quite a nice effort, very belgian, though I’m not sure it’s a trippel.

esjaygee (3906) - Oak Creek, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 8, 2008
Cloudy yellow with thin white quickly diminishing head. Aroma of Belgian yeast, fruit, lemon peel and banana. Taste is very fruity with banana leading the way with some berries mixed in. Perhaps a little too sweet and the alcohol is somewhat noticeable, but overall a decent beer.

NobleSquirrel (3439) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 16, 2008
I must say, I didn’t have the highest expectations going into this. Bottle from WLV. Nice phenolic nose of banana and spice, with orange peel. Color is cloudy orange, no head. I kept getting tricked when I tasted it, as I expected the caramelized taste of a decoction, given the front end. Overall, however, had a very nice, dry finish with a fruity middle. Pretty nice tripel, actually...

GeneralGao (3614) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - JUL 12, 2008
22oz bottle. Nice aroma of distinct clove and fleshy fruits (especially pear). Poured a cloudy medium orange color. The head was white and left some tattered lace behind. Medium bodied and a bit vinous with a hint of white wine. I also tasted the clove and fleshy fruits that came out in the nose. Pretty good stuff.

bu11zeye (13239) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - AUG 25, 2008
(Draught) Pours a cloudy golden body with a small white head. Aroma of banana, floral, honey, sourdough, apple cider vinegar, and orange. Flavor of banana, orange peel, clove, coriander, white pepper, and some apple with a soft mouthfeel. This was a pleasant surprise. Excellent tripel!

gearbike (512) - West Bloomfield, Michigan, USA - SEP 21, 2008
Light orange with small frothy head. Very lively and different. Dry and crisp with a spicy finish. Pepper taste with well hidden alcohol.

Optigon (561) - Bloomington, Indiana, USA - SEP 22, 2008
Pours orange with a fine, white head. Woo! Really spicy and sweet. Mild sour aftertaste. Aroma is sweet and almost nutty in a strange way to me. Very good and spicy.

BeerVirgin72 (880) - Pickerington, Ohio, USA - JUL 5, 2009
Bottle shared at Muckfest 2009 in Lancaster Ohio. Cloudy copper pour. Sweet malty and yeasty aroma. Flavor was nice, lemony, honey, citrius, with a slight peppery finish. Very nice.