RATINGS: 246   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.93/5   IBU: 25   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Prairie Path Ale is a Belgian-style golden ale. Prairie Path Ale is a full flavored, slightly bitter, clean and refreshing ale. The Belgian malts along with the Saaz and Goldings hops give this beer great drinkability.

SkyinBrian (430) - Saint Louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 13, 2005
ok, this was as many of the usual two brothers offerings just a nice well balanced drinkable beer. easy drinking summer beer. very refreshing, floral notes, although maybe not unique as the description claims. still, i really like this local brewery.

delmecum (87) - Western Illinois, Illinois, USA - AUG 30, 2005
Quickly disappearing white head. Pale yellow slightly cloudy body. Not much aroma. Average malt with average hop flavoring. A good beer for a hot summer’s day.

Tubbfan (147) - Joliet, Illinois, USA - JUL 28, 2005
Poured a clear golden from the bottle. No lasting head, but nice lacing consisting of very small white bubbles. Very little aroma, thus my "not impressive" rating. Another beer where I notice suspended bottles in my glass (not due to condensation, because it is in the beer). I would think it is like gelatin, except I see other bubbles floating to the top of the glass around the suspended particles. My initial sip made me grimace, because it tasted a bit skunky however this subsided as I kept drinking. I live within 20 miles of the brewery and I purchased this at a reputable store, so I’m kinda perplexed. I could taste some mellow malt flavor and hop bitterness. This beer has a good body, not weak at all. As I kept drinking, I did not detect anymore skunkiness. I’d love to try this one again to see if I get the same initial shock of flavor.

Zeswaft (1783) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JUL 24, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 8, 2006 This beer is gross. It has some weird flavor going on. Either bad yeast or bad hops. Tastes like some type of nasty potpourri.

DrnkMcDermott (3137) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - JUL 19, 2005
UPDATED: JAN 13, 2010 Bottled. U.S. Beer #19 of 31 for American Beer Month! Bottle is at least four years old, so let’s see how it holds up: Pours a bright yellow beneath a frothy/spongy head. Odor of juicy fruit pervades shortly after I open the bottle. Taste is thin and just a little bit dry.There is a pretty notable alcohol component that’s expected of an older beer. Well, I held on to it for quite a while, thinking it would age nicely, but it may have not been the proper beer for cellaring. Slightly stale hop taste that might be okay for the style. My rating is a little bit kinder because of its age.

guzzler67 (1696) - Hanover, Maryland, USA - JUL 5, 2005
Clear, pale gold appearance with a tiny head and light lacing. Yeasty, soft fruit, sweet aroma. Bittersweet taste that turns a little more spicy toward the finish. Well carbonated, medium-bodied mouthfeel with a long, slightly dry, finish.

BennyTicklez (621) - USA - MAY 16, 2005
Pours golden. Big body for such a beer. Nice light crisp taste. Good malt and hop balance. Good stuff for the style.

raymow (1789) - Bensalem, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 13, 2005
Excellent - one of the best beers that I’ve tried in a while. It reminded me a little of a Belgian brew which was unexpected. Highly recommended.

Frank (4236) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 27, 2005
Glowing golden, slightly hazy with wee bit ’o head. Mild nose with a twitching sensation of Belgian spice-osity. A prickly cusion of carbonation lends much needed crispness along with a healthy dose of bitterness in the finish. Flavor is very mild almost to the point of being watery. Still, this is a highly quaffable belgian--not a common thing.

movolsfan (11) - Parkville, Missouri, USA - JAN 5, 2005
My biggest complaint about this beer was how much head there was. When I popped the bottle, foam came roaring out of the top of the bottle. At first I thought it was a fluke, but that happened with all 6. Pouring this was next to impossible, this beer produced a lot of foam. Added to that, the taste was average at best.