overall
RATINGS: 3735   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

gf08031 (7) - - JUN 17, 2017 does not count
Pretty good IPA. Tastes better than average. Good bite to it. Nice bitterness ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

thecleyman (25) - - JUN 17, 2017
DISCLAIMER: I do not like IPA's. However, if I were to drink one, I would drink this one. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Bobbyns (4) - Laplace, Louisiana, USA - JUN 15, 2017 does not count
I rarely drink any of the bitter side of beer, IPA’s. I did find this one passable. Was not overpowering

JohananaV2 (159) - - JUN 8, 2017
Wow what a good beer. I can't believe that I haven't had it before. What a secret IPA, if you haven't had it yet get it immediately ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

UncleKorm (1319) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - JUN 5, 2017
Bottle poured a deep golden hue w/ large white head and minor sticky lacing. Moderate to bold sweet malty and bright citrus aromas. Initial flavor is light sweet w/ a bold lingering bitter finish. Tastes are caramel, pine, grapefruit pith, and jackfruit. Medium bodied. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Idiosynkrasie (7533) - Bielefeld, GERMANY - JUN 2, 2017
355ml can. Minimally milky, orangey, deep golden colour with average to huge, homogeneous, frothy to creamy, largely lasting, moderately lacing, white head. Piney citrusy and slightly floral, hoppy aroma, slightly biscuity, caramel malty background, notes of orange, tangerine, marmalade, lemon zest, some peppermint and menthol. Taste is bitter, citrusy, piney and slightly floral hoppy, caramel malty backbone with a biscuity and minimally (pea) nutty touch, notes of lemon, orange, tangerine, lemon zest, marmalade, peppermint and menthol overtones; lasting bitter finish. Clean, crisp - excellent!

Michigander51 (3) - Adrian, Michigan, USA - MAY 27, 2017 does not count
Beautiful cloudy golden color with a nice thick foamy head. Taste is straight forward IPA with medium to strong taste if hoops, followed with hints of citrus, pine and spruce. Great tribute to the great UP north river after which it was named. One of the great beers of Michigan!

brewperman (18) - Texas, USA - MAY 19, 2017
What is there left to say? The once and future king. If I was a jack-ass, I’d say it’s a little creamy for my taste up front, but what do I know? My only real beef is that it’s too heavy for an extended summer canoe fishing trip. I also appreciate that Bell’s doesn’t churn out 50 different versions of this (looking at you, Ballast Point Sculpin.)

vipinvelp (4429) - Velp, NETHERLANDS - MAY 17, 2017
Clear dark yellow, off-white lacing foam head. Nice hoppy aroma and bitter taste. Like it. (Houston 201705)

MavDunk (104) - - MAY 14, 2017
Pours a light amber with mild white head. Scent is hops and citrus with malt undertones. Taste is similar with prominent hops early on but nice biscuit notes involved. Medium body and a crisp dry finish. Truly one of the better IPAs.