overall
RATINGS: 3736   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

shintriad (701) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 29, 2007
Slightly medicinal with fruity notes, reminds me of Flintstones vitamins. A lot of spice and mint, watermelon rind, a bit of sweetness and residual sugar in the resiny, oily palate. Overall, quite good and uniquely earthy.

User29624 (1683) - - OCT 29, 2007
UPDATED: SEP 24, 2008 One of my favorite IPAs and a staple in my beer fridge. Well balanced IPA with a good amount of bitterness and very hoppy. Had this at the brewery but I really want them to ship it to Illinois again.

wamoore84 (20) - King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 27, 2007
12 ounce bottle. Gold color with a nice white head. Taste has some citrus and some pine to it. Finish is a little bitter. A well balanced IPA that is enjoyable start to finish.

beaconstreet (811) - Washington DC, USA - OCT 26, 2007
A little super pungent at first, but then I start to really, really like it as I go down the bottle. Tastes like nature, the nature the bottle alludes to. I do want to know more about this "two hearted" concept... related to fishing?

DialSquare (5031) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - OCT 25, 2007
UPDATED: SEP 26, 2013 ReRate: Bumped my score -- need to give my favorite beer my highest rating (technically 4.8 is my highest possible because I give every beer 3 for Appearance. all beers look good). This has been our goto brew for as long as it’s been available in Florida. The only other we get as regularly is jai alai cans -- but those are super fresh. Not always the case with 2hearted, but still great. Pairs well with most foods. Perfectly drinkable of my favorite style. Original Rating 10/25/2007: 12oz bottle. Pours a clear golden with long lasting white head and decent lacing. Aroma of pine and floral hops and slight citrus bouquet. Very drinkable, refreshing, and well-balanced with a nice touch of bitterness. Hoppy and smooth. All around a good IPA.

gdh8888 (5) - Lansing, Michigan, USA - OCT 24, 2007 does not count
IPA? Well, maybe so, but a bit more substantial than most other IPAs. Excellent overall, but does not "look good" in a glass. Hence, just short of perfect.

layyze (28) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - OCT 22, 2007
Lovely IPA. Current favorite for this hop head. Well balanced hops - citrusy with a bitter finish. Simply a joy to drink.

37steel (186) - St. Charles, Illinois, USA - OCT 22, 2007
12 oz bottle. Light amber - orange with a nice off-white head. Citrus and pine hops in the nose. Very balanced flavor with a lot of malt up front and a huge bitter hop finish. Grapefruit and pine flavors. One of my favorite.

MadIndian (2743) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 21, 2007
Sampled at the Newtown Brewfest 07 with Stegosaurus. Thank god they were their this year. I love this company. Hazy orange color with a citrus/pine hoppy aroma. Fruit/hop and sweet malt melted in my mouth with a perfect bells blend.

Svesse (8601) - Hässelby, SWEDEN - OCT 21, 2007
(Bottle, Akkurat, Stockholm, 19 Nov 2007) Orange colour, slightly hazy, with huge off-white head. Fruity, floral nose with notes of citrus, grapefruit, orange peel and hints of pine needles. Fruity, floral taste with grapefruit, orange and pine needles. Great IPA with a lovely, but balanced, hop character.