overall
RATINGS: 3735   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

VeloVampire (625) - Parkdale, Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 20, 2007
12 oz bottle - pours a cloudy glowing golden creamed honey hue. Large rocky head that lasts forever and leaves its mark all down the glass. Huge grapefruity citrus aroma along with a decent amount of mint and rose petal. Flavour just dripping with resinous hops, bitter, pungent, herbal, minty, green. Good amount of grain to backup all this hop overload. A touch of alcohol and some yeastiness as well. Long fruity then bitter finish. I only have three more, but I wish it was 3 cases........amaaaaaazing. Best IPA I’ve had, period.

BlackForestCO (978) - Aurora, Colorado, USA - OCT 19, 2007
UPDATED: MAR 23, 2009 Bottle thanks to drewbeerme. Poured a nice orange color with a fluffy white head. Great aroma of flowery hops. Decent malt backbone gives way to a awesome, fruity hop flavor. Nice, sweet undertoness of something, toffee perhaps, round out the flavor. Bites your tongue and is easy to drink. Another great beer I have Drew to thank for.

dpjuart (1112) - Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 18, 2007
UPDATED: DEC 7, 2007 12 oz. bottle. Pours hazy orange with a thick white head. Good lacing. Floral hop nose with hints of carmel. Nice fully carbed mouth feel. Head sticks around. Wow. Hop explosion. Very earthy hop flavor with a nice malt backbone, Carmel malt flavors. A very nice IPA. One of the best I’ve had. To me, tastes more of a traditional English ESB, probably because of the hop varietals, although lacking in malt character (ESB-wise). Big fan. Definately glad I bought a case. EDIT: 12/7/07-There’s definately a lemony/citrus taste to this also. Fantastic beer. One of my favorites.

iswain1914 (19) - USA - OCT 17, 2007
Fuck yeah Bells. You continue to leave the slew a shit american microbreweries int the dust. Perfect IPA....I would love to taste a Bells double IPA. Have y’all made one?.....I’m in Florida and have only tasted five of your fine brews....

dogfishho (669) - Bloomfield, New Jersey, USA - OCT 17, 2007
Poured from a bottle, this beer appeared to have evidence of more chill haze than I would have expected. The head was large, though thin, but had good retention. The aroma was full of somewhat sharp flowery hops with citrus in the background. Flavor is milder than expected, but absolutely deliciously balanced. It’s mildly sweet with a smattering of grapefruit and a little pine on top of the crisp bitterness of the hops. The mouthfeel is delicously silky and crisp. This is an interesting beer to me. Somehow the overall experience is greater than the some of it’s individual characteristics.

yobdoog (1888) - Kingston, New York, USA - OCT 17, 2007
UPDATED: OCT 22, 2009 Bottle pour but very good match to what I had @ HDG on tap. Great IPA. Super well balanced aroma and taste. Citrus, caramel, sweet fruits. Nice hoppy taste balanced by caramel malts and plums and citrus and pine. Deliciousness is what it is.

AleDrinker (1089) - Sunnyvale, California, USA - OCT 15, 2007
Very good IPA here. This is one of those beer that you can smell from across the bar. A gigantic hop aroma full of citrus, grapefruit, and tropical fruit causes your mouth to water. Flavor is very hoppy with a crisp bitter kick. Awesome beer.

Soonah (1120) - Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA - OCT 14, 2007
From dra19 via trade. Thank you Dennis! The pour was a barely cloudy thin copper color with a decent light tan head that only provided minimal lacing. The aroma was a pleasant blend of floral hops, sweet citrus and some barely noticeable caramel. The flavor was surprisingly dominated by floral hops with citrus and pine not as in your face as I would have expected. Almost medium bodied and a very creamy, very solid mouthfeel with a great finish. Very good.

a10555 (125) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA - OCT 14, 2007
I fell in love with this beer again while in Indy. I got it on tap at 2 different restaurants, and getting good beer on tap is a real treat. II would move to Indy from Cincy just based on what I got on tap. Back to the beer. Great taste and smooth. I liked how strong it was it didn’t take much to get a buzz! Enjoy it if you find it.

jhanske (18) - Seattle, Washington, USA - OCT 13, 2007
Great brew. My heart skipped abeat when I saw it at the liquor store in Minneapolis. Was not disappointed at all! If this were available in Seattle, it would be on my grocery list everytime. I won’t go into the silly details of the taste. It is an awesome ale. Ship it to the WEST COAST PLEASE!