overall
RATINGS: 3735   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

robbyf (19) - Michigan, USA - SEP 15, 2007
If you like it bitter, you’ll love this one. For me, though, the bitterness was just a little overpowering, to the point I couldn’t detect much maltiness. Nice finish and clean aftertaste of high-quality hops, but I couln’t drink more than a couple of these at a time

wizzler (25) - Manitowoc, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 14, 2007
out of a bottle didn’t pour it so i don’t really know what i looks like but i gave it a 4 because the bottle is a nice looking bottle. smelled a bit citrus like with some spice to it. it tasted like bitter oranges average carbonation that felt well overall in the mouth.

GingoFox (1) - USA - SEP 14, 2007 does not count
This is HOP MADNESS but it’s one of the best commercial brews I’ve tasted to date. Not for everyone though - about half of the people to whom I’ve recommended this beer have not been as enthusiastic as I would have expected. Although brewed by Bell’s in Michigan, THA has a definite Northern influence evidenced by the use of loads of high alpha Cascade hops. Does anyone know why there’s a fish on the label?

BeerCommonSewr (67) - North Carolina, USA - SEP 12, 2007
12 oz. bottle Aroma:Sweet malty scent with spicy hops underneath Appearance:Hazy bronze with a smallish head that lingers and laces well nonetheless. I normally don’t do this but I am going to have to take a point here for the artwork on the label. A quality beer like this deserves something a little more professional looking instead of like something I printed off my home PC. Now if this was the look they were going for than bravo. Flavor:Hoppy makes me happy nicely balanced with the sweet malts Palate:Bitter hops linger quite well with alcohol present but not overbearing by any means Overall:Better than I expected honestly. I don’t think it is worthy of the 4s I am seeing but still I did like this beer a lot and it would be great for session drinking.

wetherel (1883) - Cupertino, California, USA - SEP 10, 2007
Bottle from kmweaver. Thanks Ken! Pours with nice 1 finger head. Normally I pour so slowly this doesn’t happen, so it was a nice surpise. Small bubbles, medium fade, but lingering wispy surface of small bubbles. Semi cloudy amber color. Medium hoppy aroma over a malty base aroma. Possibly a little melanoidal malt aroma. Pleasant hop bitterness. High drinkability. Very well done!

dchmela (3064) - Orlando, Florida, USA - SEP 10, 2007
Pours copper colored with a big fluffy white head. Big hoppy floral aroma. Taste is malty smooth with a nice bang o hops that are balanced nicely. A nice dry hop bitterness in the aftertaste. Good easy drinking IPA, I think my friend Ian would love this.

KrispyKirk (15) - USA - SEP 7, 2007
6-pack 12 oz bottles...a very generous gift from some friends who recently road-tripped to Michigan (thanks C&M!) Easily one of the best four or five bottled IPAs I’ve ever tasted. A hop-head’s dream, hits all the right floral/piney/citrus notes but doesn’t pummel you over the head with them. Balanced excellence.

obguthr (6357) - Staunton, Virginia, USA - SEP 6, 2007
Fantastic aroma of caramel, orange, coriander, and thyme. Orange color with wisps of crimson, medium yellow head. Prominent alcohol taste and drier than expected. Tastes of pine needles, subtle citrus, with a nice lemongrass finish. Very good and nearly spectacular.

ealdent (48) - Cumming, Georgia, USA - SEP 3, 2007
Poured with almost no head, followed by slight lacing that faded quickly. Massive floral hops taste with a hint of pine. Very crisp and enjoyable.

Michmike (11) - USA - SEP 3, 2007
Medium head quickly disappears..almost no lace. Not a lot of mystery to this one...loaded with hops. This beer presents a floral taste accompanied by bitterness thoughout. Strong lemon flavor. Beers that offer the combination of bitterness and high alcohol levels score well here - this one will rank high.