overall
RATINGS: 3413   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

truebluehes (206) - Tipton, Iowa, USA - SEP 19, 2007
Golden orange color with white head. Aroma is very strong of hops and citrus. Lots of flavor, but not overly hopped. Very smooth for a IPA. Very clean finish.

natejgood (524) - Bozeman, Montana, USA - SEP 19, 2007
Pours a nice golden color with a hint of orange. The head is light white. It’s small, but it has good staying power. The beer is mostly clear with a light haze. The beer smells strongly of hops with sweet floral hint. This beer has a lot of flavor, but it isn’t as overhopped as many IPAs I’ve had. It has a nice malty flavor to start with. The hops hit in the middle of the drink, and the finish is fairly clean. For a beer with a lot of flavor it seems very drinkable.

performula (148) - Heart of the Rockies, Colorado, USA - SEP 19, 2007
This was recommened at Sams. 12oz. bottle. Orange in color. Smells strong and citrusy. Tastes great at first but the finish is lacking and ’thinner’ than other IPAs.

Floback (550) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - SEP 16, 2007
Courtesy Haskell’s. Pours 4 cm. off-white head with vibrance and froth. Orange-gold color. Sparkling, coating lace that winks invitingly. Nose is huge floral and resinous hops with a hint of caramel malt. More piney hops on the tongue with spiced evergreen needle, fruits in the finish, caramel; maltiness is more apparent. Medium carbonation and full-bodied. Refreshing. Good IPA, although not very complex.

Bigunit (1) - USA - SEP 16, 2007 does not count
Tried this on tap recently at the waiter’s recommendation. As a hop addict, this certainly hit the spot. Extra bitter, yet very smooth aftertaste. One of the best IPAs I’ve had the pleasure of drinking.

robbyf (19) - Michigan, USA - SEP 15, 2007
If you like it bitter, you’ll love this one. For me, though, the bitterness was just a little overpowering, to the point I couldn’t detect much maltiness. Nice finish and clean aftertaste of high-quality hops, but I couln’t drink more than a couple of these at a time

wizzler (25) - Manitowoc, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 14, 2007
out of a bottle didn’t pour it so i don’t really know what i looks like but i gave it a 4 because the bottle is a nice looking bottle. smelled a bit citrus like with some spice to it. it tasted like bitter oranges average carbonation that felt well overall in the mouth.

GingoFox (1) - USA - SEP 14, 2007 does not count
This is HOP MADNESS but it’s one of the best commercial brews I’ve tasted to date. Not for everyone though - about half of the people to whom I’ve recommended this beer have not been as enthusiastic as I would have expected. Although brewed by Bell’s in Michigan, THA has a definite Northern influence evidenced by the use of loads of high alpha Cascade hops. Does anyone know why there’s a fish on the label?

BeerCommonSewr (67) - North Carolina, USA - SEP 12, 2007
12 oz. bottle Aroma:Sweet malty scent with spicy hops underneath Appearance:Hazy bronze with a smallish head that lingers and laces well nonetheless. I normally don’t do this but I am going to have to take a point here for the artwork on the label. A quality beer like this deserves something a little more professional looking instead of like something I printed off my home PC. Now if this was the look they were going for than bravo. Flavor:Hoppy makes me happy nicely balanced with the sweet malts Palate:Bitter hops linger quite well with alcohol present but not overbearing by any means Overall:Better than I expected honestly. I don’t think it is worthy of the 4s I am seeing but still I did like this beer a lot and it would be great for session drinking.

wetherel (1888) - Cupertino, California, USA - SEP 10, 2007
Bottle from kmweaver. Thanks Ken! Pours with nice 1 finger head. Normally I pour so slowly this doesn’t happen, so it was a nice surpise. Small bubbles, medium fade, but lingering wispy surface of small bubbles. Semi cloudy amber color. Medium hoppy aroma over a malty base aroma. Possibly a little melanoidal malt aroma. Pleasant hop bitterness. High drinkability. Very well done!