overall
RATINGS: 3414   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

MavDunk (108) - - MAY 14, 2017
Pours a light amber with mild white head. Scent is hops and citrus with malt undertones. Taste is similar with prominent hops early on but nice biscuit notes involved. Medium body and a crisp dry finish. Truly one of the better IPAs.

KevinReddirt (209) - Midland, Texas, USA - MAY 13, 2017
Bell’s is now available in the area so how about it? A grand pour, all cloudy orange and white on top. The smell gives great promise, grapefruit and pine needles. A drink delivers a restrained hoppiness and citrus, perhaps a touch of dough. Strong persistent bitterness, maybe my favorite quality from the brew.

Robnole (30) - - MAY 7, 2017
Bottle pours clear amber color with small white head. Aroma - Nice and smooth, floral, fruity. Taste - Hoppy bitterness, orange, malt, pine, mango and grapefruit. Very well balanced.

beachbum25 (1092) - Powellville, Maryland, USA - MAY 4, 2017
Draft- Numerous places-Golden pour w/a thick white head. Fresh hop aroma & flavor. Bready, fruitful....very easy to drink. A great go to IPA. Easy drinking, alcohol is well hidden.

basaywhat (306) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - APR 30, 2017
12 oz bottle. Pours a hazy golden yellow with a thick fluffy off white head. The aroma is very floral and grapefruit. The flavor is once again full of grapefruit and some breadiness.

randy1969 (70) - Marengo, Illinois, USA - APR 29, 2017
UPDATED: JUN 25, 2017 A cloudy blond appearance. A full flavored ale, with slight bitter finish. Interesting hop blend.

moldovan9807 (466) - Oradea, ROMANIA - APR 22, 2017
To old to rate...but..Cloudy orange with creamy head. Citrusy nose. Sweet and medium bodied with a relatively hoppy grapefruity finish. The mouthfeel is light and creamy.

HomeWaters (24) - Illinois, USA - APR 21, 2017
Many breweries seem to do a decent job with IPA’s, but this is still my favorite: *The name calls to mind one of my favorite short stories, “Big Two-hearted River” *Just looking at the trout on the label unwinds the spring in my mind a couple clicks *It comes from Kalamazoo, where we lived 3 years and where my son was born, so experiencing it is sort of like old trout John returning to his native stream. *I like the 16-oz. can, which is just right for throwing into or digging out of a cooler. *When I get philosophical, I can lament the fact Bell’s still hasn’t figured out that “two-hearted” is a compound adjective, and needs a hyphen. *It tastes great, especially with things like grilled shrimp, carrot cake, or both.

Pershing (573) - Garland, Texas, USA - APR 18, 2017
Hazy orange with a lasting beige head that leaves a nice Brussels lace. Sweet malt with citrus hop aroma. Medium body that is slightly dry. Just the right amount of hops bitterness without over doing it. Alcohol is well hidden. Perfect finish.

Walberla (41) - Alingsås, SWEDEN - APR 17, 2017
This ale is brought from New york to me in Alingsås from my daughter and her partner. A gift I really appreciate. Centennial hops gives a long taste-feeling. Pine and grapefruit. I can not feel the alcohol. Good balance and harmony. I long for this ale in our Systembolaget.