overall
RATINGS: 470   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.95/5   SEASONAL: Series   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
A big ol’ black beer with oatmeal silkiness. Full bodied with soothingly rich coffee flavors. Devilishly delicious. Classified as an Imperial Oatmeal Coffee Porter

GreatLibations (1854) - Last Supper, Arizona, USA - MAR 27, 2007
UPDATED: MAR 29, 2007 ***This is the BOMB!***Pours black w/ a brown maple robe. Froth is shallow and residual lacing is minimal. Aroma is heavily roasted w/ coffee beans. Full nectar w/ soft and creamy residual effers. Huge roasted malts packing a ton of blackened coffee beans. A mild sweetness is upfront . It keeps the roast component interesting, almost turning mexican chili pepper. It’s not complex but sure is tastey. I could drink a few of these in a sitting. The finish is long on flavor w/ a mild, velvet bittering. I savor every sip. Overall: smooth, rich, and heavily roasted. Highly recommended. p/s I’ll be headed to the Betty Ford clinic before long. This stuff is addictive and I’m jonesin’ for another bottle.

parkerj (53) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA - JAN 22, 2014
UPDATED: JAN 29, 2014 A great coffee aroma and flavor. The oatmeal addition works wonders for the mouthfeel. This is one of my favorite beers out there.

KingpinIPA (841) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 5, 2007
UPDATED: FEB 28, 2007 On Tap. Dark color. Smell of fresh coffee grounds, spice, vanilla, malt, chocolate and hints of hops and caramel. Taste of fresh roasted coffee. I can actually taste two different coffee beans in my mouth with every sip. Also can taste coco, malt, hops, milk, little bit of smoke, and hints of caramel. Nice and creamy and warms your insides up. Dry, sweet bitterness at the end. Can hardly taste the alcohol and its even better when its warms up. I love the strong coffee smell and taste. Much better than Bells Java and Founders Breakfast! Great job Rob!