overall

RATINGS: 659   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.66/5   IBU: 95   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Detour blazes the trail for fresh and bold Double IPAs. Four varieties of hops combine to step up the flavor profile. A hoppy adventure that finishes dry. Big in alcohol and character. Venture to pair with other spirited flavors such as those found in spicy ethnic foods.

puboflyons (3531) - Allenstown, New Hampshire, USA - MAY 26, 2013
From the corked, caged bottle dated 02/27/13. It pours a beautiful bronze-amber with a tremendous, puffy off-white head that lingers. The aroma presents itself with floral hops but in a mild, mellow way. The body is medium to bold. The taste starts out with a slight malty character and develops swiftly into a hoppy one that ends slightly dry. The alcohol is well-integrated into the flavor. An IPA I could have often.

GSH1976 (307) - Delaware, USA - MAY 23, 2013
I first have to preface everything by stating that this beer has a bottled on date of 6/11/12 and from my experience this style is best as fresh as possible. I purchased it from State Line less than two weeks ago and never expected it to be this old. I should have checked for a date but I digress. Pours a VERY cloudy almost bronze color with ample head that dissipated quickly leaving substantial lacing. When I look closely I can see thousands of tiny particles floating around. Aroma is mainly roasted and caramel malts along with a hint of pine. Taste for the most part follows the nose and has some bitterness but it is evident that this beer has seen better days. Medium bodied with a sweet finish (something I don’t expect from this style). I realize this beer would be much better fresh and I plan to try another at which time I will edit this review. Still, I don’t expect to rate it highly because I prefer the west coast style and this seems to be the opposite with the strong malt presence.

skoisirius (1908) - Earth, Washington, USA - MAY 23, 2013
Fairly straightforward DIPA, but with a nice long finish. Quite dry, but in a good way.

RedSox2004 (2000) - Pacific Palisades, California, USA - MAY 17, 2013
Pours a deep reddish brown/mahogany with a thick tan head that dissipated to a solid film and left nice lacing. Pine hops were the strongest aroma with roasted malts clearly present. Big piney hops bitterness with a strong maltiness that lingered in the background. Medium body, light carbonation, smooth creamy mouthfeel, and a lingering caramel sweetness.

DedicatedToFun (4003) - Santa Monica, California, USA - MAY 16, 2013
Great IPA! Crystal clear copper with a huge fluffy white head and some nice lacing. Very good.

tendency (26) - California, USA - APR 20, 2013
first i must preface my review by saying my taste in DIPAs is big hops, hops and more hops. having said that, this beer is too malty for my taste. im biased and when it comes to DIPA prefer the norcal style which is heavy on the hops.

BillKismet (4165) - Seattle, Washington, USA - APR 15, 2013
Cooper’s blind tasting: Hazy orange-amber. Malty nose, sweet, slightly woody and cidery and with subtle fruity hops. The body echos the aroma. Could use more age. Rough and tannic in patches.

kennydiaz (362) - Manahawkin, New Jersey, USA - APR 12, 2013
Pours a cloudy golden brown with nice carbonation. Has nice hop, malt taste with a bread, earth aftertaste.

Ron (4264) - Rochester, New York, USA - APR 7, 2013
2nd night at the Circle D. Malt and fresh hops on the nose. Slight citrus and piney. Thick creamy head. Golden and clear. Malt on the start. Some caramel backbone with a long clean bitter finish. Slight sweetness on the palate with some earthy notes. Warming alcohol on the back end.

jb (3454) - Rochester, New York, USA - APR 4, 2013
Hefty caramel and malt nose with a bit of pine. Hazy orange with white head. Thanks for sharing Ron! Boozy Palate with plenty of body. Decent.