overall
Brewed by Unibroue (Sapporo)
Style: Witbier
Chambly, Canada
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 1639   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.35/5   IBU: 10   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
White beer on lees.

Yankovitch333 (612) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - MAY 27, 2004
Pours a cloudy pale yellow with thin white head. Mildy sweet nose, with spice and banana. Tingly mouthfeel. Corriander, lemon, banana, hops, and bread on the tongue. Dry finish. A really good witbier. Lets hope Sleeman doesn’t f--- it up.

beanmedic (348) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 25, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 29, 2006 this is a fantastic beer. it has a pale, cloudy appearance, and it goes down soooooo smooth. buy lots of this one, you’ll love it. quite impressive for a domestic belgian white.

ClarkVV (6958) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 25, 2004
2003 750mL Bottle. Pours a very soft tangerine tinged white gold, with good lacing and decent white head. Only mildly hazy. Aroma has lots of sweet orange, hints of vanilla, coriander and yeast. Pretty solid aroma, which makes the flavor, which is weak, thin and overly dry, quite disappointing. I was hoping it improved as it warmed, but it didnt. Stayed pretty thin and dry. Too much coriander, light lemon and not enough malt. Dry yeasty flavors mix with a good light citric orange flavor, but it needs more malt and body. Fizziness subsides after it breathes.

Malakin (470) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - MAY 22, 2004
Light smooth subtle flavours, extremly fizzy, nice for a light witbier. Could use more spicyness or something.

caledonian (367) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - MAY 16, 2004
First beer that I’ve had to uncork, neat. Very similar in appearance and taste to Hoegaarden. Cloudy with a frothy white head. Dominant yeasty flavour. One of the better Unibroue brews.

bitter (1136) - Henderson, Nevada, USA - MAY 10, 2004
bottled barleys beer festival III: this was the last unibroue beer i had that day, should have started here, since this is the most mellow of the lot. poured a beautiful light yellow with haziness and white head to match. some coriander citrus nose. into the mouth quite bubbly and dry. good citrus flavors however left a sour taste on my palate after a few chuggs. good white. very refreshing. me likes...

Gorbalev (3000) - Ontario, CANADA - MAY 7, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 4, 2004 First off, my taste buds tend to enjoy the English styles – bitter, brown ales and such. I’m also a big stout and porter fan. But I have actively over the past few months tried to expand my experiences to include Belgian and German styles. And I can honestly say that I really liked this beer, not because I am supposed to, especially being from Canada, but because I found it very flavourful and enjoyable. Great big white fluffy head, long lasting. Hazy yellow body. Tons of citrus scents. Very refreshing crisp body with more citrus, especially lemon. Clean, slightly hoppy aftertaste. To repeat myself, what a refreshing, flavourful beer. Well done.

AcctError12260 (15) - Ontario, CANADA - MAY 6, 2004
I really like this one and have had it fairly often. Unibroue is becoming one of my favourite brewers. Tried the Orange de Chambly at the Beer Bistro which was interesting.

Sammy (12995) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 6, 2004
UPDATED: NOV 3, 2004 This beer was well appreciated by anyone who enjoys beer. Lovely as a sipping beer over a good lunch. I had two in Mt. Tremblant and it has continued to be a mainstay. Had it on tap and it ranks higher, particularly refreshing.

joshpiledean (316) - Seattle, Washington, USA - MAY 5, 2004
Poured cloudy yellow, as expected (duh), with a decent white head that quickly disappeared and left nothing for the rest of the glass. Great inital flavor, a little bit of fruit and a fair bit of spice, but ends dry and bland. Very crisp and light, making it drinkable like no one’s business. Nice brew, I enjoyed it.