overall
Brewed by Unibroue (Sapporo)
Style: Abbey Tripel
Chambly, Canada

RATINGS: 618   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 231   ABV: 7.7%
Belgian type ale with triple fermentation. L’Eau Bénite is a golden ale with a slightly fruity taste and a light spicy aromatic flavor.
Ingredients: Malt, hops, yeast, sugar.

Perkeo (322) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUL 21, 2003
Very light carbonation, in fact the bottle I had right before this had virtually none so I returned it, this one's marginally better. Golden yellow, nose of urine, ginger, bannana and yeast. Flavor is minty and gingery, with green apple and juniper in there too. I've had better bottles of this, and if I ever have another one, I'll re-rate, but until then...

snoot (286) - Anaheim, California, USA - JUL 15, 2003
Quite a lot of head on the pour, a lot of yeast in the aroma, a little bit of banana. Flavor is a bit tart, it's all fruit and no spice. Alcohol is hidden a little too well for my liking....not a bad beer, but not a standout either.

ericnixon (746) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUL 14, 2003
What's up with that label? when i saw it i was like, is this an Erasure cd, or a beer? strong banana-y and yeasty aroma. the color was piss-yellow...i'm guessing the guy on the label just let go when he was in the bottle. when i first tasted it, my first immediate thought was "this reminds me of Mountain Dew." I dunno why. it just did. it was much better cold, but as it warms, i'm not liking it as much.

lunaticharness (183) - Torrance, California, USA - JUL 11, 2003
weak, looks beautiful in the glass, long lasting fat white head, blonde color, a faint yeasty aroma - and thats about it for aroma, the flavor is so mellow - i mean its like im not drinking beer - well almost...

jercraigs (10651) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 11, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 4, 2004 2003 750 mL corked bottle. Purchased in October 2003 and aged 7 months. Hazy golden yellow with a moderate white head. Fruity yeasty aroma. Body has a hint of bitterness in the front, and nice well rounded alcoholic fruit and the usual tripel flavours. I don't think this one necessarily benefitted from aging. 6/3/7/3/16

Oct 2000 Taste Pack, bottled. My first impression is that I like it a lot. I hesitate to say its my favorite so far - it may just be the most recent in my mind! It is quite nice though.. Golden tripel, its deceptive alcohol content is less noticeable than in some of the other Unibroue products. 8/4/8/3/16

jonas (7751) - Garching b. München, GERMANY - JUL 4, 2003
Banana, bubblegum and vanilla notes. Cloudy yellow, fine white head. Banana and yeast flavors. Sports a very slight alcoholic burn.

heykevin (1281) - Decorah, Iowa, USA - JUN 22, 2003
Persistent head atop a golden body. Light spice aroma with typical unibroue yeasty nose. Nice body with velvety carbonation. Finish is clean and smooth. Alcohol is well hidden in the flavor but felt when standing position is resumed. Perhaps a step down in strength from some of the other major Unibroue products, but not a step down in quality.

Boutip (6433) - Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA - JUN 22, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 15, 2003 Suprisingly, this is a light orange colour beer. A lot lighter then other belgian triple. Pourred a nice clear white head. The alcohol is well hidden. Taste very sweet. Very good beer but not a traditional triple.

Sully (1380) - Potts Point, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA - JUN 21, 2003
Orange head, low hop aroma and taste with a mandarin nose from the bottle. It is an agreable beer but not special. The gay label must impress with some. Not me.

AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JUN 15, 2003
Honey, golden color, hazy. Some light carbonation, the bubbles are little. Sweet, yeasty aroma. Maybe some apples. Fairly tart flavor. There seems to be a little bit of malty roastiness. Another good offering from Unibroue.