overall
Brewed by Unibroue (Sapporo)
Style: Abbey Tripel
Chambly, Canada

RATINGS: 3048   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.83/5   IBU: 19   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Bottle conditioned.
"The end of the world. The excellence of triple fermentation through a blend of special yeasts gives this malt beverage an exquisitely robust flavor of exceptional refinement."

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
ryan (3186) - Beltsville, Maryland, USA - NOV 7, 2005
12 oz. bottle. Best before 6/12/06, enjoyed on 11/7/05. Pours a murky, pale yellow/orange with a medium sized, fizzy, white head. Mostly diminishing. Aroma is banana, orange, lemon and cloves. The flavor is very refreshing, oranges, apricots and bananas. The lively carbonation bites the tongue on the finish. Alcohol is very well hidden. Tripels arent my favorite style, but this one was quite enjoyable.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
LesStewart (11) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - NOV 7, 2005
My wife, she usually takes a few sips of my beer says she likes it and then go and gets a wheat beer from the fridge. This one, she insisted on me pouring her a glass after trying it. Then she insisted on me pouring her another glass. Then she stole mine.

altkencru (143) - USA - NOV 4, 2005
I dont drink this too frequently, but when I do I enjoy it immensely. Big booming head and aroma. Cuidado, its potent.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
pfr (121) - Kbenhavn, DENMARK - NOV 3, 2005
33 cl Nice orange color God taste Very good beer I am looking forward too taste alle the beers from this breweri

destroye7 (312) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - OCT 25, 2005
Great clean taste. High Alcohol. Excellent beer to have with a nice steak.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
ryananderson (74) - Ontario, CANADA - OCT 25, 2005
A complex light beer. The aroma is of light malt and light hops with notes of orange and of course, yeast. The flavour is of coriander and lemon with light sweetness and moderate bitterness. The large amount of yeast makes the flavour even more complex. The finish is smooth and slightly dry and alcoholic with medium body. Colour is a hazy medium yellow with a large frothy white head which produces good lacing and is mostly lasting. One of my favourites from Unibroue.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Pernille (518) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - OCT 25, 2005
Lots and lots of sediments in the glass. Poured the bottele in two glasses and they looked completely different so i had to mix the up. However, this doesnt influence on the fast, that its a very nice and elegamt beer despite the fact that its quite alcoholic. Probably not for everybody.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Philip (436) - Illinois, USA - OCT 24, 2005
Bottle. Orange peel, yeast, straw on the nose. More of the same on the palate with quite a bit of honey flavors and wheat. The Belgian funkiness grabs you as well. A tasty drink, one of my regular summertime sippers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
GarrettB (1550) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 20, 2005
UPDATED: AUG 12, 2007 I always make sure to have a notepad with me during beer tasting sessions. My schedule is such that I dont always have time to write a review immediately after tasting a beer, so its a good system so far as it works. However, I seem to have recently lost my notepad and for this review I must rely on memory. The Fin du Monde poured an orange opaque color, and I couldnt help but think it looked like an obscure digestive fluid. The foam was not as off-putting as the color, but was un-engaging. The taste was far more appealing, bearing itself like a citrus and floral hand soap, but in a decidedly good way. I think of fancy restaurants that cant afford to have patrons off-put by any of the aromas associated with a bathroom, cheap cleaning agents being one of them. I also sensed a lot of yeast, rich and pleasant, and mostly associated with a loaf of sourdough bread. What I missed, though, was a sweeter element that didnt belong to a citrus fruit. If the sweet bits rely solely on that, the tripel becomes dry and, for me, almost undrinkable. A re-review is in order.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DrBayern (1139) - Morehead City, North Carolina, USA - OCT 19, 2005
12 oz. bottle. Pours a hazy gold with lasting white head. Yeasty, citrus aroma. Smooth feel with sour yeasty background and flavors of spice and citrus. Slightly sweet, but with a clean, refreshing finish. Very enjoyable.