overall
RATINGS: 94   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.44/5   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
This generously hopped pale ale is a strike in your mouth! Brewed with lots of Pacific Northwest & New Zealand hops this beer is ten frames of big citrus and tropical fruit aroma and flavor. A strong malt backbone rounds it out and makes this pale ale a delight for the senses. The pins may be small but the flavor is huge! In our town, we roll Duckpin—a true Baltimore original.

cymyn (8) - - OCT 18, 2016 does not count
The thing that makes Duckpin so darn good is its perfect, crisp finish after a nice malty pull. I like pale ale of almost every stripe, but this beer catapulted from obscurity to the top of my list because the balance is exquisite. Union isn’t pandering to hop freaks here, or slumming it in (watery) legacy-beer territory. They put in quality ingredients and got everything right. Its a beer you will never be sad to own until its the last one in your fridge.

Bill Becker (2003) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - DEC 25, 2014
12 ounce can I got from a good buddy...Robert A. Thanks! I could smell the pine as soon as I pulled the tab on the can. It’s a slightly hazy honey gold colour with a firm 1" head of foam. It started off bigger but refuses to get smaller. Smell? I already covered that above. ;^) The taste is as piney as any I’ve had in a Pale Ale with more than a hint of some tropical fruit going on in the background. I get a bit of bready malt but nothing that I would remotely call sweet. As in sugary sweet, not as in sweeeet, this brew is good. Perfecto mouthfeel, this is one heck of a delicious hop forward Pale Ale!

tsd08460 (1279) - Marshall, Virginia, USA - DEC 10, 2015
Aroma: citrus, tropical fruits Appearance: hazy golde, white head Taste: medium sweetness, medium bitterness, Palate: medium body, sticky, average carbonation, bitter finish, Delicious

sholman184 (2) - - DEC 5, 2012 does not count
Nice hoppy ipa. Not too overpowering and a clean finish. Nice easy drinking. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

PHChikka (25) - - AUG 22, 2013
On draft. Complex aroma - this seems to be a consistent strong point of this brewery - lemon peel, slight malt, earthiness, certainly some cannabis. Flavors fit the same bill. Quite refreshing, given the hop-forward flavor. I may be overrating this because it’s local and cool, but whatever. Distinctive, well-brewed beer that the community should be proud to represent.