overall
RATINGS: 184   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
(Previously labeled Persimmon Lambic). Persimmon was the first sour beer we brewed to use a fruit from a native North American species of flora, the persimmon, which is also a popular Midwestern delicacy. Persimmon is a fruited sour ale where the distinct characteristics of American persimmons are melded with a mildly tart base of sour ale. Fresh aromas of persimmon, pear and peaches accompany the light straw color. Lactic tanginess, field flavors, and dry fruits create a refreshing and experiential taste. The finish is very dry, with lingering persimmon flavor. (Old description) The persimmons were provided by Aaron Persinger, a local singer/songwriter who is currently the drummer for Rev. Peyton’s Big Damn Band. (The Rev himself is a certified Persimmon lover I’ve been told, can’t wait to get him a bottle). Being a classic Indiana fruit, we couldn’t resist, maybe one day we’ll find enough local mulberries and bring another (as far as we know) first-ever fruit lambic-style to the lineup.

brew3crew (182) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JAN 20, 2012
Great fruit smell. Awesome body with nice white head. Tastes very fruity and i would imagine exactly how persimmins would taste. Holy crap this is the truth

starcross (77) - Indiana, USA - JUN 11, 2014
Pours a murky off white with little flakes of fruit floating around. Has a nice aroma and a little less funky than some of Upland's other sours. Crisp and refreshing. A favorite! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

iworkatinitech (24) - New York, USA - JUN 23, 2013
Just pretty much perfect. Had this at one of the single greatest tasting parties I’ve ever attended and it blew me away. This was my first Uplands lambic and my God was it ever an experience!

daknole (11402) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - OCT 14, 2010
LCBS 2010. Wow I loved this one. Golden pour, white head. I love persimmons and this one fit the bill. Aroma of persimmon, yeast, light champagne vinegar. Best flavor of any Upland I have had yet. Persimmon, nice sour notes, some sweetness. Juicy finish. Wonderful beer.

tronraner (2459) - Walland, Tennessee, USA - AUG 28, 2011
Sample at a tasting at Suttree’s. Pours hazy yellow (reminds me of the color of witbier) with big quick white head. The aroma is definite persimmon, some tropical deal, musty notes, and a subdued sourness; this smells so good it’s all I can do to get my nose out of it and taste it. The flavor is subtle persimmon, pear, tropical fruit, and a nice cellar funk. The finish is dry and musty. A lovely mellow sourness holds it together throughout. This lambic is brilliantly delicate: neither the sourness nor the fruit dominate, but coexist in a nice balance. And I really like persimmons to begin with. Their use in this beer is outstanding. This is some amazing stuff.