overall

RATINGS: 12   MEAN: 3.7/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.34/5   SEASONAL: Special   ABV: -
Abe Goldman-Armstrong suggested the title which is a nickname for the city of Edinburgh. The beer is rooted in a trip I took to Alsace in 2003. The local bars all seemed to have Lindemans Gueuze (which I consumed in copious amounts) and Adelscott, a peat-smoked amber lager. It wasnt the craftiest brew Ive had but I liked the idea.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
bvc (1241) - Washington, USA - FEB 20, 2010
Draft at Upright. Pours a clear bright copper amber with a pillowy off white head. Now this is what I am talking about!...nose is lightly sweet from the malt, with a big Islay peat and a touch of smoke. Nice lively carbonation with perfect body imho...not watery but I could easily drink a pint of this. Lightly sweet, touch of grassy hops, but a ton of peaty smoke...I should have bought a growler of this.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
boFNjackson (4200) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JAN 28, 2010
UPDATED: MAR 25, 2010 Tap @ Upright... Poured dark copper with a slightly off-white head. Aroma of smoked malts and yeasty, candy sugars. Big peat flavors, tasted of a nice Scotch whiskey-like malt. Slightly sweet with a dry, alcohol warming finish.