Serve in Shaker, Tumbler

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 3.4/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.84/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Roggenbier is a medieval German ale made from half barley and half rye malts. With an aroma and head similar to a Hefeweizen, Upstream’s Roggenbier starts with a mild fruitiness blending into a slight breadiness through the middle. This beer finishes dry and slightly smoky with a little spiciness from the rye malts.

Most RecentTicked By

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
BelgianBeerGal (3932) - Panama City, Florida, USA - OCT 11, 2010
Draught at the Old Market location. Server mentioned this was brand new today! Really my first stab at a Roggenbier and I found it...interesting. I honestly did not get many of the hefe notes except the cloudy appearance, foamy head and maybe a fuller than expected mouthfeel. For me the spicy rye dominated the aroma and flavor. Seems like a lot of work went into this but it felt a little disjointed with flavors all over the place. Hopefully I can try it again.