RATINGS: 219   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.43/5   IBU: 19   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Reverence Series #1: Our first beer in our Reverence series of traditional European-style beers, is a sessionable German lager known as a Zwickelbier - a very old classic with a heritage traced back to the Middle Ages. Zwickel, pronounced zv-ick-el, is unfiltered, unpasteurized and finishes as a smooth-drinking, vitamin rich (from the yeast), naturally cloudy beer. Hops: Hallertau Perle, Hallertau Mittelfrh. Malts: Two-Row Pilsner.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 10/20
fuzzcro (295) - Illinois, USA - OCT 2, 2016
This makes a beautiful glass of beer. Very good and absolutely no bitterness at all which greatly surprised me...the color alone lead me to think it would be bitter so I was very impressed. Its a much lighter brew than my palate is accustomed to yet it was pleasant and will lead to my enticement to try more lagers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
tgncc (3126) - Bellmore, New York, USA - OCT 2, 2016
At the Good Life. The aroma is grass, bread. The appearance is yellow, white head. The flavor is sweet, bready, grassy. The finish is spicy, grassy. Medium in body. Really nice reresentation of the style.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
altonbrownd (5898) - Chevy Chase, Maryland, USA - SEP 27, 2016
On tap at Haymaker. Nice gold body with medium head. Nose is malty, yeasty. Taste is malts, spices and bitter in the finish. Pretty good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
mansquito (6077) - Nueva York, New York, USA - SEP 16, 2016
From a can: pours yellow head with a slightly hazy body. Aroma is bread, sugar... Nice and delicate really. Taste is pretty light. Low hops. Nice sweetness. Refreshing. Quality.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jtclockwork (15951) - , New Jersey, USA - SEP 7, 2016
Draft - pours yellow white head - nose/taste of bread malt, light spicy yeast and sugarcone - medium body

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
aleigator (929) - GERMANY - AUG 5, 2016
Pours a filtered, golden-amber color with a small, froth head. Smells almost completely muted, with just the faintest hint of sweetened dough being recognizable. Has a lively carbonation among a body so light, that, just as on the nose, almost no flavors become recognizable. Does not provide any taste evolution at all, while the beers straw flavor turns thin and thinner, creating a watery taste. This reminds me of why I turned away from industrial made Lagers, as this taste nothing but boring and dull. The annoying thing about it to me is, that this got brewed by a small operation I had put high hops in.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Tayeth (633) - North Rhine-Westphalia, GERMANY - JUL 20, 2016
Geruch nach Popcorn und ein wenig nach Karamell. Der Geschmack geht in Richtung Korn, Popcorn, im Hintergrund ist etwas Pappe.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
gueuze (930) - - JUL 20, 2016
Goldig, leicht trb. Geruch nach Apfel. Eher wssrig, trocken. Kantig-kratzige Bittere. Dazu Hefebittere.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
muzzlehatch (4940) - Beloit, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 14, 2016
500 ml bottle (and more American brewers should do these 500 ml bottles dammit, theyre cool) from Woodmans in Janesville, WI, sampled in a Zywiec lager glass. Why do I point that out? Because everything contributes to the experience. Like, Im not listening to music now, its quiet with just a bit of traffic from the highway .5 km away and yes Im one of those pretentious Americans who insist on the Metric system even though family members threaten to punch me - anyway, and soon Ill be drinking this as I clean up from dinner of hasenpfeffer, spaetzle and beets. Zwickels a good cleaning beer, not too demanding but enough body and heft that I dont want to pound it, and then not get through the dishes until morning. Speaking of which I just happened on a review from a guy I used to know, I closed my eyes and she slipped away....sorry, Proustian moment, within a Proustian moment, and anyway, this was a review of a beer Ive had, and it was dead wrong, and Im convinced it was because the reviewer was dead drunk at the time. Shame on you C______! Getting back to the beer here, and my glassware fetish: a Zywiec glass holds just enough so that Ill have to do two pours, also slowing me down. Anyway this is a lightly hazy/oily golden/amber with a smallish head that does not last; the aroma is grassy, a bit weedy, faintly sour but also with a modicum of honey. On the palate its bready, sweeter than the New Glarus I had a couple of days ago, with a very short, slightly metallic, dry finish. Really only the faintest hint of those Hallertau hops - this is all about the malts which alas dominate a bit much in this grassy-biscuit flavor profile, which gives a rather cloying profile when it warms up even to cellar temperature. Its overall certainly drinkable but to my taste far from a great example of the style. I have a feeling this would come off significantly better on draught.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
MaBeer1972 (1977) - Taunton, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 1, 2016
Bottle from Julios. Pours out a hazy medium golden color. Pillowy off white head settles to a thin lace. Rich malty profile. Earthy apple spice notes. Lots going on here for a lager. Quite tasty. Long dry finish.