overall
Vichte, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2906   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71/5   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

DialSquare (5188) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUN 20, 2008
rich red amber hue with a thin white head that never really went away. tons of lacing. aroma of vinegar, cherry and green apple. taste -- sour apple, light pepper, sweet. great palate. vinous I think. a little tingly carbonation and then tart acidic finish. I’ve had some sour ales on my travel but am a relative newbie at this point. I feel like I’ll like them eventually. this is good.

dmac (6592) - Toms River, New Jersey, USA - JUN 20, 2008
750 ml cork and caged bottle purchased from Oak Tree served in my Duvel 135th Anniversary tulip. Pours an ugly murky brown with a very large and very long lasting foamy very light beige head. I would have gave this one a 3 on appearance if it wasn’t for that incredible head. Aroma of rotting fruit, very tart and sour with some vinegar as well. Light bodied with light bubbly carbonation and a smooth finish. Flavor is sour and tart with lots of fruit.

sleepylopes (318) - New York, USA - JUN 17, 2008
Very enjoyable. The nose is the down side and gave me bad feeling. Fig prune and date rotting fruit. This belies the mild sweet and sour ballance of the brew that makes it so drinkable. Notes of sugar snap peas. Red brown with a wet bubbly head.

thejon375 (414) - Tampa, Florida, USA - JUN 17, 2008
UPDATED: FEB 13, 2009 Enjoyed one of these, dont think I could drink more than one though. A little like spoiled wine, very sour cherry flavor. I dont think i would buy this again, but thats just my taste in beer. Would recommend anyone to try it.

Frauditor (162) - Hagerstown, Maryland, USA - JUN 16, 2008
a nice surprise from Bob while sunning in Pasadena. a fruit front starts off followed by a sour candy after taste. nice sweet floral sugars. big fluffy brown head. nice from start to finish.

Fin (11070) - Merton, Oxfordshire, England, Oxfordshire, ENGLAND - JUN 15, 2008
Picked this up from Westholme Stores, Goring on Thames, Oxon leg 5 of the Thames Tipple, Goring to Wargrave 14-06-08 consumed 15-06-08 Had this a few times before when in Belgium but never got around to rating unfortunately. Pours reddy brown flew out like an erupting volcano, head is off white. Aroma is sour with some fruity sherbert, taste is lovely sour fruitiness there is a real lovely cherry spikiness to this, quite lovely I forgot how nice this was.

nefarious (220) - Waterford, Michigan, USA - JUN 13, 2008
Dark, Dark red pour with big fluffy carbonated head. With a sour, malty and bread aroma, maybe slight vinegar. Sour fruite taste. Its not called a sour ale for nothing! This is my first beer like this.....it was a great taste its judt not for me. I loved the color though

esjaygee (3902) - Oak Creek, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 8, 2008
Reddish amber with a thin off-white head. Aroma of fruit, apple, caramel, sweet malts that’s a sour. Taste of a cinnamon apple, caramel with a mild sour and alcoholic finish that is somewhat sour. My first sour ale – I guess I thought it would be a bit more sour - not that I wanted it that way.

Bullit (4825) - Buffalo, New York, USA - JUN 8, 2008
Brown-red colour, foamy white head. Aroma is of cherries and caramel malts. Flavour is sour cherry and apple.

greenleaf (90) - Florida, USA - JUN 7, 2008
bottle. Pours deep brownish red with a small off white head. The nose is caramel, plum, and raisin. Def. sour taste. Carbonation is nice and stron on the tounge. Easy to drink but not my cup of tea. Im sure those that enjoy ciders would also enjoy this.