overall
Vichte, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2903   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71/5   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

Adam420 (9) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUN 28, 2007 does not count
Oh my God did I hate this beer. It just tastes sour and way too sweet which made me look at the back of the bottle for the expiration date. I don’t understand how its rated so highly on this site. I assume the fact that it is quite unique in its flavor that has put it in such high regard, but I think it’s just gross. And I knew from looking at the beer in the bottle that it wasn’t going to have much of a head, which, if you do manage to get, disappears very quickly. Overall this beer is not for me, not in the slightest bit. I guess I’m glad I tried it though, as it is very different, so I would recommend that you do the same if you are afforded the opportunity, you’re opinion of this beer might differ from mine.

nolankowal (939) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUN 27, 2007
Bottle. NIce crimson pour with a steady yellowed light tan head. THe aroma isn’t as pungent as I would’ve expected but it is still strong despite that. Aromas of light funk, brett, subtle vinous elements and some dry oak. Things seem to really stand out when it hits the tounge: dry wood and vinous elements are coupled with caramel malt and brown sugar characteristics with some apple skin and funk elements that enter fairly subtle. Sweet and lightly funky when it first hits the tounge with a constant yet light sour quality coming through...sweet fruity sugars not far behind with a bit of maltiness giving this one some balance. The wodiness comes through mid-way drying it out for the bitter/slightly sour/dry finish. Sturdy body with a solid yet smooth carbonation. A really nice brew to be sure though I think I’d like a bit less sweet and a bit more sour.

nahthan (129) - Oakland, California, USA - JUN 26, 2007
Guest tap at Town Hall in Minneapolis. A breat blend of brett sour and grain sweet. Low hops, as one would expect. Well done. So unusual to find something like this on tap, especially in Minnesota. A little bit sweet to drink too much of it, but a 4-6oz. pour is perfect. Enjoyable.

CheesedMan (572) - Saint Cloud, Florida, USA - JUN 23, 2007
Deep ruby brown color, very little head. Aromas are on the sweetish side, sour cherries seem to dominate. Flavor is very sweet, not much sourness. Very drinkable.

mistersinalin (381) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - JUN 23, 2007
UPDATED: DEC 7, 2008 Oh the sour goodness! Found this lurking in the back at Town Hall Brewpub tonight. normally i would like to have the local, but I find it hard to find Flemish Ale in my perts.

JMFG (1587) - Florida, USA - JUN 19, 2007
Very dark ruby-brown with a thin white foamy head. Mild sweet-tart aromas with some fruity notes. Medium-bodied, lightly carbonated. Not real sour tasting, but instead cherry and red grape fruitiness with a sweet finish. The tartness was pretty mellow here and it seems to lack the depth of some of the other Sours I’ve had recently. Not really what I’m looking for style-wise, but a good brew on its own accord.

railcat1 (706) - Kissimmee, Florida, USA - JUN 16, 2007
I like flemish sours and this was no exception,a tart and sour finish with a dark overtones but it was overall a very good beer.CHEERS!

mhelgason (495) - Salem, Oregon, USA - JUN 14, 2007
bottle. average khaki head-really good lacing. mahogany body. aromas of sour fruit, vinegar, and some malts are all noticed. flavor is sour, sour, and then some sweet. first flemish sour-pretty damn good.

DrHomolka (761) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 9, 2007
750ml. Pours a brown with red highlights and a very airy white head. Aroma is subdued tartness and sourness with a strong scent of vinegar. Flavor is not qhat I expected. Chocolate with very little tartness or sourness. Some fruitiness but not at all like what the aroma would indicate. Interesting indeed.

pnista (1007) - Bloomington, Indiana, USA - JUN 5, 2007
June 08 expiration. Light reddish to orangy amber with a relatively average offwhite head. Sweet vinous nose. A bit oaky but largely smells like delicious candy. On the low carbonation side with some bit of viscosity, I mean it’s not watery. Sweet sweet vinous maltiness. Grape, a bit of oak, and even some alcohol. A bit tannic, but it could be much more tannic to give this beer more balance. It’s just a bit too sweet for it’s own good. A long lingering tannic bit with some sweetness. More balance makes this a wonderful beer. as it is, this is strictly for desert.