overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2826   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71/5   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
cewldre (268) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAY 3, 2006
I did not really care for this beer, but had to rate it in a way that was fair. It has a lot of taste and aroma. Very strong on both categories, so rating it lower do to the fact that I would probably not drink it again would not be a good way to have consistent ratings. Anyways, smells and tastes almost exactly like malt vinegar. The first thing I thought when I had this beer at the local pub was that it would go great with fish and chips. Very acidic. Ok, so, well, I lied... I would drink it again. I know, its strange, I liked it, in a weird sort of way... Something about it, maybe the mystery of it has me wanting more.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JFURYCAT (1079) - East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 30, 2006
Another awesome beer from Tidiaguy! At first I wasnt too impressed and I was thinking of plums mixed in cabernet but this really grew on me halfway through. The tartness is more mellow compared to other sour ales as it blends nicely with the fruity and oaky elements.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
SDbruboy (1864) - San Diego, California, USA - APR 27, 2006
330 ml bottle, purchased at BevMo, La Jolla. Pours a gorgeous deep mahogany red, with a creamy beige head that lingers nicely. Aroma of light apple cider, vinegar, oak, tart cherry, a little earth and must. Wow, initially displays an almost syrupy sweet fruity flavor, which quickly reveals woody notes and continues to a sour raspberry and vinegar finish. Refreshingly fruity and yet alarmingly sour all at once. Nice blend of tart, tannic and sweet. Medium body and a fine, tickling carbonation.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Beerdedone (3308) - Croydon, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 25, 2006
UPDATED: APR 26, 2006 Bottle sampled with Stegosaurus. Pours a bronze red\brown with an off-white head. Aroma of fruit and alcohol. Flavor is sweet, fruity, with a sour tart finish. I didnt care for this at all, and halfway through the bottle i got bored and dumped mine.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Quixote18 (236) - Johnson City, Tennessee, USA - APR 23, 2006
I bought a bottle of this on the suggestion of a random guy at the bottle shop. While I agree with his assessment that "this beer kicks ass", I feel I should go into more detail. Poured gently into a snifter from a bottle that read "Best Before 3/30/07", this beauty developed a slightly fizzy tan head that maintained nicely. The body color was more red than brown, and was simply gorgeous when held up to the light. While I am not very experienced with wine, this beers aroma reminded me a lot of some reds that Ive sampled. I also noted some oaky notes in it too. After a few minutes I thought I smelled roasted meat as well...strange but true. Not knowing what to expect, I was pleasantly surprised by acidity noted on the tip of the tongue, and tartness- especially midpalate. In the finish there was still tartness, balanced by a strange sweetness. Very interesting beer and damn good.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
BeerCommonSewr (67) - North Carolina, USA - APR 22, 2006
Poured from 9.4 oz. bottle Aroma: Hint of fruit and light hops reminds of a sweet red wine Appearance: Beautiful deep, clear, deep reddish brown. Head is fantastic. Antique white in color that has a wide variance in bubble size that laces nicely and sustains thoughout the entire glass. Flavor: My bottle was very sweet to the point of being as sweet as a lambic. Very sweet, apple and cherry, like a sweet cider or lambic. Palate: Finishes sweet too. Some acidity as the aftertaste lingers. Reminds me of a Reisling. Overall: Suprisingly I enjoyed this immensely even though it was cerrtainly not what I expected out of a Begian Ale with 6% Alcohol. Theme should be obvious from above sweet sweet sweet.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
chicagobears (453) - Elk Grove Village, Illinois, USA - APR 21, 2006
Pour from 11.2oz bottle. Ruby brown body with large cream colored head that clinges to the glass. Alluring aroma of sour red wine and oakwood. Complex taste of oak, biscuit, mild sour vinegrette, still hinting at a cherry sweetness. A good mix of sweet and sour. Long oaky finish. Amazing.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
mtdshn (173) - Moline, Illinois, USA - APR 20, 2006
Bottle. Pours a wonderful amber color with a large coffee and cream head that disappates fairly quickly. Wonderful Cabarnet scent. However this goes down as the first beer I almost threw right back up on the first swallow but further tastings show that its really not too bad. On the same lines as a lambic. OK, would most likely never drink again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
kook (2033) - Perth, Western Australia, AUSTRALIA - APR 17, 2006
Bottle (Utobeer): Lovely ruby haze with a light beige head. Nice mild barn nose with biscuits and light berries. Some mild oaky wood in the flavour, but more biscuity malts and mild tart wine. Not bad.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
KymStarCry (1) - USA - APR 16, 2006 does not count
wine? beer? lambic? Balsamic vinegar? you get them all in one. the sour patch kids of the beer world love it or hate it I ADORE it