overall
Vichte, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2902   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71/5   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

bac080 (398) - Bloomington, Illinois, USA - DEC 1, 2003
This tastes like red wine almost, but smooth and not as thick. I really enjoy it!!

Blake (398) - Orange, California, USA - JAN 14, 2009
2009.01.11 - From Bottle. I’m a fan of sour ales and found this one to be a welcome departure from the norm. The smell is tart fruits with malts, a very pleasant aroma. Color is reddish-brown (more brown) with little foaming and good lacing. I expected a bit more tartness when I tasted it, but it ends with a sweetness that was quite unexpected. The more I got into it, the more I enjoyed it. Though a bit more sourness would have been a welcome addition. In all, a very strong beer, and I’m glad I picked it up.

Rammer (397) - Moscow, RUSSIA - JAN 15, 2015
This is very good, I liked more Rodenbach. Fragrantly sweet and rich berry. excellent sour.

GriffinAvenue (396) - Winchester, Massachusetts, USA - APR 1, 2007
Bottle. Dark, iced tea coloring. Mayo/mustard scent. (my writing is illegible for most of the rest. I’ll need to re-sample this one)

samsomuk (396) - Bridgwater, Somerset, ENGLAND - NOV 23, 2017
UPDATED: NOV 23, 2017 Bottle at home. Pours dark ruby red brown with a creamy off white head. Aroma is sharp & sour, fruity red berries, vinous, apple skins, wood. Taste is soft & sweet at first before the sharpness & balsamic notes comes through. Medium bodied, fine carb, bitter sweet sharp finish. One hell of a beer, not everyone’s cup of tea but I’m a huge fan

terefere (395) - Durham, USA - DEC 23, 2013
Bottle. Color is dark ruby red, small head. Aroma of acetone, wild cherry, alcohol, vinegar. Sweet sour taste, wild cherries, vinegar, alcohol. plums, spicy finish. Full body. Without a doubt a very interesting beer but I’m not sure vinegar in such quantities is my thing.

ElGaucho56 (394) - USA - SEP 30, 2007
Draft @ BSP. Pours a deep garnet red with lingering lacing thin head. nose of sour cherries, oakiness, smoke, some dry malts, palate extremely well balanced between flemish sourness and woody malt sweetness. Probably the most tasteful flemish sour I’ve tried, way less acetic than others.

TreborWhip (393) - Reading, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 18, 2010
Bottle poured into a tulip glass produced a reddish-brown body with light tan head. Aroma of grapes and malts. Dominant flavors of tart grapes, red wine, and bready malts with a vinegary finish. I enjoyed this ale very much.

lachneger (393) - NETHERLANDS - DEC 24, 2013
Koffiedonker kleur bier. Geur koffie hopjes. Smaak zuur( geuze bier) lekker( thanks voor de ontdekking Bryan) licht chocolade en koffie. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

tgrtnr (393) - Augsburg, Bavaria, GERMANY - MAR 12, 2017
330 ml bottle in tulip. Dark red colour, medium beige head. Grapes, vinegar, old red wine, champagne, lemon. Very sour, sweet hint and quite fruity. Medium body, lively carbonated. Very sophisticated, not easy to drink. Overall it can be described as a sour rose champagne with a dominant grape aroma. Very interesting!