overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2901   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71/5   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
v8powered (157) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - SEP 30, 2008
Very interesting flavor. Aroma a lot like balsamic vingar and a slight sour fruuit smell. The beer is sour at first but finishes with a great aftertaste. Souress disipates more the warmer the beer gets. Dark brown color, very little head. With my first bottle, I wasnt to sure. Second bottle I began to appreciate and enjoy this beer. Will never be my favorite but certainly a different beer I can appreciate for what it is. A beer worth appreciating!!
Earlier Rating: 9/28/2008 Total Score: 3.7
Very interesting flavor. Aroma a lot like balsamic vingar and a slight sour fruuit smell. The beer is sour at first but finishes with a great aftertaste. Souress disipates more the warmer the beer gets. Dark brown color, very little head. With my first bottle, I wasn’t to sure. Second bottle I began to appreciate and enjoy this beer. Will never be my favorite but certainly a different beer I can appreciate for what it is. A beer worth appreciating!!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
agent_511 (157) - - APR 1, 2013
Aroma of currants, cherries, and raisins. Flavor profile matches the aroma with some stone fruit and dark raisin flavors with a medium sourness that is balanced by some residual sweetness. Deep red color. Fantastic beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
BottleHound (156) - Sandnes, NORWAY - JUN 30, 2012
330ml bottle. Clear brown/red with off-white head. Aroma has winegar and red berries. Flavor is sweet with red cherries and currants. Almost feel like a red dessert wine. Nice, but certainly not very drinkable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
rgrep (156) - Wellington, NEW ZEALAND - OCT 25, 2004
(30 Aug 04) Amazing. What more can I say, I was enthralled and in love with this beer the entire time. It took me back to the first time I tasted a Flemish Sour (Rodenbach Grand Cru) but this time there was a completely different texture to experience. My wife hated this beer and actually spat it back into her glass! That didnt bother me though as I happily enjoyed her share! :) The pour was the most surprising part as it was like warm maple syrup. I have never seen a beer this viscous before. It was the colour of rubies with an almost non-existent light-brown head and very little, if any, lacing. I can only describe the aroma as what I imagine port-wine vinegar would smell like, and to a sour-head like myself that is devine. The body was only moderately mouth-filling but it was so very thick and syrupy. I have used the term "chewy" to describe plenty of beers, but this one truely was! Flavour-wise is was acidic, vinegary and very delicious.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
turg (156) - Quebec, CANADA - NOV 3, 2005
Bottle 330ml: Appearence: Dark ruby red colour. Aroma: sweet sour cherry. Flavor: a bit fruity and sour finish. Well-balanced

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
rdelljh (155) - Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 3, 2007
This was a sweet ale with much carbonation. It reminded me of a malt liquor, perhaps it was because of the subtle sourness. strong citrus flavor. Not the belgian i expected, but good nonetheless.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
DarkBeerChick (155) - San Antonio, Texas, USA - NOV 9, 2010
Pours an amber color with a bubbly head and delicate lacing. Aroma is sweet/tart, fruity and maple. Flavor is sweet/tart, oak, fermented apple juice and sour candy. Very yummy, refreshing and tart.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
AaronIPAAPA (155) - Warsaw, POLAND - APR 20, 2017
Wiśnie, delikatna kwasność, trochę za duża słodycz, ciemne owoce. Ocena na podstawie notatek pisanych przed założeniem konta na RB.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
txolo (154) - SPAIN - DEC 28, 2013
De olor muy cida, con toque a vino dulce, tema del lactobacilus. Avinagrada, con toque a madera y clavo. En boca dulce, agradable, con un toque tostado muy sutil y algo de cereza. Color marrn rojizo muy bonito

mixos (154) - Thessaloniki, GREECE - DEC 8, 2009
Thats a really different and very special beer. You drink this beer once, you love it. Very complexive aroma and taste that surprises you till the last drop. Very nice work.