overall
Brewed by Carlton & United Breweries (CUB)
Style: Pale Lager
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

RATINGS: 647   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.94/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Victoria Bitter has been Australia’s favorite full strength beer brand for many years. VB, as it is widely known, was launched in the 1890s and since then has developed a reputation as a great beer with a tradition of rewarding Australians who work and play hard.

The alcohol percentage went down from 4.8% to 4.6% in 2009.

Nekronos (4175) - Xalapa, MEXICO - OCT 28, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 8, 2006 A little flavorless too, but it was nice to see it was not an ale, like it sugests a little in the name. The foam was there but not as much. It was not really bitter.

hammenlind (737) - Sundbyberg, SWEDEN - OCT 17, 2005
It just don´t get any worse than this. This is crap and nothing but crap. Has a sour, unpleasant aroma, with some hints of garbage. Sticky, honeyish, mouthfeel. This shit is attacking your palate, and shows no mercy. The carbonation is far too high, there is almost no head, it looks like (and taste) like catpiss.

1.2
budman12 (10) - USA - OCT 14, 2005
If you dislike Coors Light or Coors Orginal you’ll probadly hate this beer. I had this beer many times because it was one of the only beers on tap available in Australia. VB’s are just nasty.

0.9
bridge (659) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - OCT 7, 2005
How do I rate the beer that gave me my first hangover. Pretty damn harshly I say - it’s what it deserves. Obviously my fridge isn’t cold enough, because this had a very strong, metallic and exceptionally offensive aroma. Oh, and it was orange gold with a pissy little head. Just doesn’t improve on tasting - sweet and full of corn or some other adjunct - I couldn’t leave it in my mouth long enough to fully assess it. If only our government didn’t tax beer to buggery, then maybe people would be able to pay a reasonable price to get decent beer rather than this swill. Rather sad.

SSLion (1) - AUSTRALIA - SEP 30, 2005 does not count
Quite possibly the worst beer I have ever tasted. Aroma of wet dog and strange metallic after taste, avoid at all costs if you value your taste buds.

chriso (21656) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - SEP 18, 2005
375 ml bottle from Beers of Europe, July 2005. OK, I’m not proud of myself but I guess I knew I was going to have to rate this some time. Actually, it wasn’t as bad as I was expecting. That’s not to say it was good. Golden colour. There’s something sweet and rather chemical in the aroma, but its not too objectionable. The initial impression on the palate is sweet, but it dries out towards the finish and even develops a little bitterness. Passable as a chilled refresher but avoid letting it warm up at all costs. That allows it to show its true colours - corny adjuncts, gassy chemicals and a nasty metallic tang.

robertsreality (2460) - Minnesota, USA - SEP 11, 2005
Yellow Coloring. Bitter Taste with a Dry Ending. Pretty Uninteresting Overall. Similiar to the Austrailia 6-pack it Came In.

badgerben (5316) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - SEP 10, 2005
Yellow color with no head. This is getting repetitive... no aroma, slightly bitter taste and finish. I’m reminded of the Simpsons with the giant vat of Duff emptying into Duff, Duff Lite, and Raspberry Duff.

0.9
MorganDavis (17) - Ballarat, AUSTRALIA - SEP 2, 2005
The most commonly drunk beer around here. For god’s sake stop buying this, people! This is the low-water mark that I judge all beers by. It’s only benefit (which explains the .9) is that it is consistently cheaper than a lot of other beers. But then again, better ones can be had on special for cheaper. Never drink it at the pub, Carlton Draught is the same price and has marginally better taste. The best use I ever saw for VB was when a person at my old high school made a suit of armour out of VB cans.

1.4
Austbloke (10) - AUSTRALIA - SEP 2, 2005
A bitter that’s mass produced and tastes like it. Golden colour with an average head that if you keep tapping your glass will stay until it goes flat so you better drink it quick. Hardly any smell to talk about although does have a slight hop fragrance. Still its better then a few beers in Australia just.