overall
Brewed by Carlton & United Breweries (CUB)
Style: Pale Lager
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

RATINGS: 717   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.94/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Victoria Bitter has been Australia’s favorite full strength beer brand for many years. VB, as it is widely known, was launched in the 1890s and since then has developed a reputation as a great beer with a tradition of rewarding Australians who work and play hard.

The alcohol percentage went down from 4.8% to 4.6% in 2009.

Brew42's rating

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Brew42 (62) - - JUL 20, 2013
I lived in Australia for close to a year and I only tried this beer a few times and I hated it every time. However I saw this beer when I was in Europe and I was feeling nostalgic and I thought maybe I should give it one last try. Bad move. Pours pale yellow with thin white head Smells- Kind of skunky Tastes-Not much flavor and what is there isn’t very good. Very slight sweetness with a bitter aftertaste. MF- SLight carbonation Overall- Not worth it.

Frank (4194) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 23, 2017
MacBoost gave me this. Thanks MacBoost! I want to say it’s not fucken bad but, frankly, it is fucken bad. It is a wicked, metallic, chemical soup of a beer. It tastes like a 10% malt liquor without the burn. I still dig it tho. Fucken hell.

Fatehunter (2567) - Corbett, Oregon, USA - JUL 21, 2017
Pours a thin head on a dark straw body. Aroma is mild caramel and grains. Taste is caramel with a mild lemon bitterness Nice profile. Texture is crisp. Easy drinking with a nice flavor.

cubs (10635) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - JUL 20, 2017
Can at home with lenincat. Clear gold appearance with a modest, off white head. Aroma smells like corn and some candy. Moderate carbonation. A little bit like sticky rice in the mouth. It’s not fucken bad.

northropfrye (3619) - Steinbach, Manitoba, CANADA - JUL 10, 2017
On tap in Queenstown. Nothing "bitter" about this. Just a basic innoffensive pale lager.

0.8
Asing1950 (4) - - JUN 19, 2017 does not count
Victoria Bitter (VB) is regarded as Australia's favourite beer! Yeh right! Frankly VB is a very average beverage! The taste is sour and the colour is equally off putting! Frankly I would prefer to have a coffee than s VB!!! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

jann3 (385) - Espoo, FINLAND - JUN 18, 2017
Pours clear golden with a white head. Malty aroma with some grass. Taste is mild and malty with some moderate bitterness​ at finish. A simple but decent macro lager. (375ml can)

MarcoBasile (427) - DENMARK - JUN 15, 2017
This one brings back memories. Pours crystal clear golden colored body with a white creamy head. Aroma of pale malts and grain. Subtle citrusy hops. Taste is malts and some sweet corn with subtle bitterness. Watery, well carbonated, plain.

AlfredoGarcia (287) - Santiago, CHILE - JUN 14, 2017
330 ml bottle. Really clear low carbonation. Yeasty smell, boring. Way better than the regular pale lager, but kind of bad ending, little metalic. For the price alcohol costs in Australia is really not fucking worth it.

jmgreenuk (9455) - Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA - JUN 1, 2017
Bottle at a Melbourne Indian Restaurant. Poured a clear straw colour with a frothy white head. The aroma is grainy malt, light woody hop. The flavour is moderate to light bitter with a light grainy metallic cardboard woody hop bitter palate. Medium to light bodied with average carbonation. Every bit as bad as I expected. The only positives that I can take from this are that I drank it in Melbourne and someone else paid :-)

SarkyNorthener (4621) - West Bromwich (Yorkshire Expat), West Midlands, ENGLAND - MAY 30, 2017
Bottle of piss given to me by our wingmanwillis, big massive thanks for this one Dave. Drunk from the bottle like a bloke. Aroma of sweetcorn and American shitty adjuncts with an Aussie criminal twist. Taste is very bogan like, texture of flannelette. Love Chris Franklin. Shn crew Forever. There’s your fucking storyboard.