overall
RATINGS: 992   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.23/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Seductively smooth, this medium-bodied amber beauty is akin to the great Oktoberfest beers of Munich. All German hops make this lager true to style. Patient cold aging makes it wonderfully smooth. In bottles September through February

ClarkVV (6708) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 20, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 8, 2004 2004 bottle. Pours a red burgundy, dark cherry color, mostly clear with a small white head, mostly disipating, obviously fiiltered. Aroma of cherries, big yeast notes, light honey notes and slight bread dough. Also a touch of metal. Flavor is very fruity at the starrt with a huge yeastiness. I like the yeastiness but I’d like to see more fresh hops, it’s alot of light pale malts with a touch of crystal. Good, but reminds me too much of weyerbacher autumnfest, were they coordinating the brewing of these beers?? Could be (just kidding).

Gorbalev (3000) - Ontario, CANADA - DEC 22, 2004
Bottle. Copper colour, frothy white head that dissipates quickly - quite active and comes back with a swirl of the glass though. Strong metallic notes in aroma (enjoy by Feb 05 bottle). Light bodied, some citrus and sweet notes in taste. Slightly bitter as well. Not bad, but I wonder if the metallic aroma fouled my tasting a little. Thanks for sharing jercraigs.

lamas (1639) - Washington DC, USA - SEP 7, 2005
Bottle. Enjoy by: 12/12/05. A clear copper pour with a thin light-tan head. Sweet, caramelly malts dominate the aroma. Tastes like it smells, only with some graininess too. Like a bran flake cereal. A surprisingly dry, bitter, lingering finish. Medium to thin-bodied. Pretty boring. At least the label is cool.

YourDarkLord (1800) - Urbana, Illinois, USA - OCT 24, 2005
Nothing very special for number 1200. Victory makes some good stuff. A Victory brewed beer is usually among the top beers I’ve tried in a given style, such as Storm King (stout), Old Horizontal (barleywine), Prima Pils (pilsener). This was a pretty good Ok/Mä. Poured out a nice chestnut color with a small off-white head. Pleasant caramel malt aroma with some notes from the German hops. Lively carbonation and a smooth mouthfeel. The flavor had some sour notes to it but was decent. Nothing I’d look to have again but nothing I’d turn down, either. [Every time I write the word Victory, I hear cheerleaders spelling it out in my head as that old cheer V-I-C-T-O-R-Y! Very strange.]

BCAR (223) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - NOV 8, 2005
More of a traditional marzen, albeit not their best effort. A little bland. Light sweetness with malt presence. Finishes with some off-bitterness.

blankboy (7689) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 17, 2006
Bottle. Pours a clear bubbly amber with an average size off-white head. Sweet aroma and flavour of grain, some fruit, malt and mild, slightly stale hops. Light bodied and bland. Tastes like a Lager and for a Victory beer it’s quite dissapointing. Just O.K.

Zeswaft (1773) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JAN 27, 2006
Dark copper with no head. Malty and caramelly in aroma. Flavor malty and a little bitter. Less body than most oktoberfests. Decent

Metalhead (644) - Lake Zurich, Illinois, USA - FEB 18, 2006
This was a strange brew. Poured deep copper with little short lived head. Aroma was very faint tho I stuck my nose a scant mm from the brew. Taste was an odd combo of faint caramel and french fried shrimp. That faded as it warmed to a watery marzen. All I can say is "interesting" but glad I only bought a sample bottle for $1.49

ryan (3186) - Beltsville, Maryland, USA - MAR 23, 2006
Amber body with a small, off-white head. The aroma is grass and caramel, flavor is similar with a bit of nuttiness. Finish is semi-sweet. Mouthfeel is soft and smooth.

fordest (2470) - Santee/San Diego, California, USA - MAY 17, 2006
12 oz bottle thanks to pineypower. Poured golden amber with a smallish head that faded to nothing. Aromas were very faint. Some maltiness but not much. Flavors were better with all that classic oktoberfest malts coming through. Hops were faint and left me with malt in the aftertaste after the hop bite faded. Not my favorite. Takes a lot to impress me in this style