overall
RATINGS: 2579   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.64/5   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Enchanting and enlightening, this golden, frothy ale boasts an intriguing herbal aroma, warming alcohol esters on the tongue and light, but firm body to finish. Exotic spices add subtle notes to both the aroma and flavor. Strong, sensual and satisfying.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Marstonlad (826) - Helsinki, FINLAND - DEC 31, 2016
On tap at Janoinen Lohi, Helsinki. Pours cloudy amber with a little white head. The aroma features sweet grainy maltiness, ripe fruitiness and yeastiness. Taste is medium sweet, displaying pale maltiness with plenty of yeasty spiciness and fruit esters. The palate is medium-bodied, slick and smooth. Perhaps slightly too sweet for me.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 10/20
fuzzcro (295) - Illinois, USA - DEC 31, 2016
This is actually my second time drinking this brew and Im happy to find I was wise to wait in rating...Very good triple sunny yellow pour, aroma very appealing and taste is quite excellent. The head leaves quite quickly so its not a very exciting brew to watch but I cant knock it at all the overall flavor is sweet and pleasant.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
ffaoe (661) - Moorestown, New Jersey, USA - DEC 21, 2016
fruity, slight pepper and spice aromas. golden and clear in color with huge long lasting head. taste is lightly of stone fruit, faint alcohol, clove. finishes smooth and clean.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Haeleekitty (1) - - DEC 17, 2016 does not count
Tasty. Strong. Flavorful. Kinda like Bluemoon and IPA had a baby and that baby grew up to do crime scene episodes on CSI Miami. If you see this on tap, GET ON IT. Especially the ladies will love this!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
TheBeachBeers (16) - - DEC 13, 2016
Light amber color. Fizzy head, that disappears within around 30 seconds. Hints of coffee and nuts in the aroma. Tastes slightly salty, with many different spices mixed into the taste. Much lighter than expected. Light and slightly fizzy to the tongue. Bitter and long lasting taste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
rob19a (245) - - DEC 12, 2016
16/20 made with Belgium yeast and tastes like a Belgium beer. A bit like a Leffe blonde but even more boozy. Really enjoyed it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
joejames (510) - Jacobus, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 3, 2016
I finally have reached the 500 rating plateau! I wanted to save a beer to rate at this point that Ive had in the past but never rated. The first time I sampled Victory Golden Monkey, I lived in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania. It was one of the first "craft" beers I had ever sampled back in 2006. I hated it! It had tons of crap floating in it, which now I know must have been a VERY OLD sample. At 9.5% alcohol, well you know......drum roll please, LOL. I purchased this twelve ounce bottle at Thirstys Quick Stop, East Market Street, York, PA. If you are in our area and looking for a really nice place to pick up fresh imports, crafts or shit beer, I highly recommend these folks! I poured this one kinda cocky, into my favorite glass, my Troegs imprinted shaker (tumbler). Thats the brewery that changed my mind about crafts back in 2007, home brewed then for 5 years but just didnt have the time anymore. Alright, the review - well, Im glad I poured it next to my kitchen sink, this sucker gushed over and Im sure I lost at least an ounce of it! Its near clear golden, micro suspended particles, billowy white head, there is some lace here and retains nicely. Its aroma, bubblegum, clove, anise and grass. The taste is moderately sour, slightly sweet with not much bitterness. On a medium body, its highly carbonated with a mouth feel I can only describe as crisp. It finished rather dry. This may be one of Victorys BEST brews. Im glad I saved this one for number 500! At this time I would like to thank a very special friend from my place of employment, you know who you are!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Motojoe86 (3) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - DEC 2, 2016 does not count
Really good beer. 1 step below La Fin Du Monde. Has a pretty spicy flavor but not over bearing. One of the best Belgium Triples youll find and widely available. If you find it in a bottle, you will enjoy it more then the can. Could use a little more carbonation.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Niko100 (2815) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 29, 2016
Hazy straw/gold color; Medium slightly creamy body; Aroma of yeast, subtle fruit, & spice; Flavor of sweet malt, yeast, fruit, spice, and light hops; Dry finish; The alcohol is fairly well hidden; Pretty decent.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Muggus69 (2300) - Yarram, Vic, AUSTRALIA - NOV 26, 2016
355mL can from Booze Bud. Canned 28/JAN/16 Pours a golden body, head drops away kinda quickly. Aroma somewhat subdued - light caramels, bread crust malts, spices of pepper, clove, nutmeg, touch of vanilla, with a ripe stonefruit & faint booziness. Carbonation a touch low, especially for a Belgian, still has a nice creaminess about it, quite rich counterbalanced by spiciness & boozy dryness. More luscious on the body - sweet pale malts, ripe pale fruits, woody savoury spice notes, drying boozy finish. Satisfying.