overall
RATINGS: 2562   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.64/5   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Enchanting and enlightening, this golden, frothy ale boasts an intriguing herbal aroma, warming alcohol esters on the tongue and light, but firm body to finish. Exotic spices add subtle notes to both the aroma and flavor. Strong, sensual and satisfying.

Emeister84's rating

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Emeister84 (2282) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - FEB 3, 2013
Aromas of banana, clove, wild flowers, and toast. Clear orange-gold with mostly lasting, white head foam. Dry, earthy, herbaceous, floral, and bitter. Medium-full bodied, carbonation is lively, and the finish contains rich, earthy, floral and earthy tones, with a lingering spice.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
kaser (5878) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 16, 2017
Bright yellow draft pour at Marianos. White head. Spices - pepper and lemon flavors and crisp. Hides the booze well.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Gerbeer (3333) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 15, 2017
12 oz can. Pours a clear amber with moderate head. Aromas of fruity esters, banana and bubblegum, and light toasted malts. Flavors of sharp earthy yeast , lots of coriander, dried candied fruit, dried banana, and wheaty malts. Very nice. More of a strong Witbier than a Triple IMHO.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Robnole (14) - - JAN 2, 2017
Golden Monkey poured out of a bottle into a slightly chilled pint glass. slightly cloudy with nice creamy head...moderate carbonation...almost perfect.. Spicy/fruity, yeasty aroma with a bit of banana..very pleasant. Nice mouthfeel, medium body...excellent sweet malt character,the coriander is not over powering which is good in my book. Slight hints of pineapple and banana finishes spicy and sweet with the alcohol balancing it out. Very complex triple. The fact this is a 9.5% ABV will sneak up on you.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Marstonlad (800) - Helsinki, FINLAND - DEC 31, 2016
On tap at Janoinen Lohi, Helsinki. Pours cloudy amber with a little white head. The aroma features sweet grainy maltiness, ripe fruitiness and yeastiness. Taste is medium sweet, displaying pale maltiness with plenty of yeasty spiciness and fruit esters. The palate is medium-bodied, slick and smooth. Perhaps slightly too sweet for me.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 10/20
fuzzcro (295) - Illinois, USA - DEC 31, 2016
This is actually my second time drinking this brew and Im happy to find I was wise to wait in rating...Very good triple sunny yellow pour, aroma very appealing and taste is quite excellent. The head leaves quite quickly so its not a very exciting brew to watch but I cant knock it at all the overall flavor is sweet and pleasant.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
ffaoe (586) - Moorestown, New Jersey, USA - DEC 21, 2016
fruity, slight pepper and spice aromas. golden and clear in color with huge long lasting head. taste is lightly of stone fruit, faint alcohol, clove. finishes smooth and clean.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Haeleekitty (1) - - DEC 17, 2016 does not count
Tasty. Strong. Flavorful. Kinda like Bluemoon and IPA had a baby and that baby grew up to do crime scene episodes on CSI Miami. If you see this on tap, GET ON IT. Especially the ladies will love this!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
TheBeachBeers (15) - - DEC 13, 2016
Light amber color. Fizzy head, that disappears within around 30 seconds. Hints of coffee and nuts in the aroma. Tastes slightly salty, with many different spices mixed into the taste. Much lighter than expected. Light and slightly fizzy to the tongue. Bitter and long lasting taste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
rob19a (188) - - DEC 12, 2016
16/20 made with Belgium yeast and tastes like a Belgium beer. A bit like a Leffe blonde but even more boozy. Really enjoyed it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
joejames (510) - Jacobus, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 3, 2016
I finally have reached the 500 rating plateau! I wanted to save a beer to rate at this point that Ive had in the past but never rated. The first time I sampled Victory Golden Monkey, I lived in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania. It was one of the first "craft" beers I had ever sampled back in 2006. I hated it! It had tons of crap floating in it, which now I know must have been a VERY OLD sample. At 9.5% alcohol, well you know......drum roll please, LOL. I purchased this twelve ounce bottle at Thirstys Quick Stop, East Market Street, York, PA. If you are in our area and looking for a really nice place to pick up fresh imports, crafts or shit beer, I highly recommend these folks! I poured this one kinda cocky, into my favorite glass, my Troegs imprinted shaker (tumbler). Thats the brewery that changed my mind about crafts back in 2007, home brewed then for 5 years but just didnt have the time anymore. Alright, the review - well, Im glad I poured it next to my kitchen sink, this sucker gushed over and Im sure I lost at least an ounce of it! Its near clear golden, micro suspended particles, billowy white head, there is some lace here and retains nicely. Its aroma, bubblegum, clove, anise and grass. The taste is moderately sour, slightly sweet with not much bitterness. On a medium body, its highly carbonated with a mouth feel I can only describe as crisp. It finished rather dry. This may be one of Victorys BEST brews. Im glad I saved this one for number 500! At this time I would like to thank a very special friend from my place of employment, you know who you are!