overall
RATINGS: 2499   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.64/5   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Enchanting and enlightening, this golden, frothy ale boasts an intriguing herbal aroma, warming alcohol esters on the tongue and light, but firm body to finish. Exotic spices add subtle notes to both the aroma and flavor. Strong, sensual and satisfying.

PlainsDrifter's rating

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
PlainsDrifter (96) - Adelphi, Maryland, USA - AUG 29, 2010
Hint of toast, fairly strong alcohol taste, spicy, slightly skunky. Medium bitterness, medium carbonation, spicy finish. Not bad but not my kind of beer.

IPAMeister7 (89) - - FEB 17, 2018
We had this in a bottle that we purchased at the grocery store and it is a very nice Belgian triple not many hops you can taste the different exotic spices also it was not very carbonated ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

beern (250) - Alabama, USA - FEB 15, 2018
Pours light yellow golden and completely translucent with a white head with a spice and herb aroma. Tastes of clove and slightly sweet banana. There is some herb and spice in the finish as well. It’s medium bodied with somewhat lively carbonation.

chadski (183) - California, USA - FEB 12, 2018
Bottle pour. Small head but frothy and lasting. Earthy banana aroma. Creamy sweet flavor. Alcohol a little too present in the finish.

vanvenlo (1938) - Glen Iris, AUSTRALIA - FEB 11, 2018
Silverlake Social draft (11-Feb-18) Citrus grass aroma. Clear yellow colour, ok head and suds lacing. Sweet rich peach flavour. Spirit fruit finish and warming fruit veg aftertaste.

GregM05 (23) - - JAN 28, 2018
Great beer, Victory never seems to fail, besides the sour. I would buy a case and would definitely drink again. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Tjeerd (681) - GERMANY - JAN 21, 2018
Nee, niet echt bijzonder. Er zijn al te veel super tripels die veel goedkoper zijn.

jrh2254 (210) - burton-on-trent, Staffordshire, ENGLAND - DEC 28, 2017
From a beer hawk mystery case. Pours golden with a thin head. Herbal aroma of spices and toffee. Taste of toffee, mild hops , banana , and spices. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

gbclowes (25) - - DEC 26, 2017
Chef and I will be there in a few minutes to talk to you about it when I get home I will send you a link to a video of the bands and fans and I will be there in a few minutes to talk to you about it

KevinReddirt (248) - Midland, Texas, USA - DEC 16, 2017
Comes to me in a 12 oz bottle from a knowledgeable beer friend. He is less of a fan of tripels so I get the benefit of the try. Taking the cap off I pour most of the bottle into my New Belgium .47 liter glass. The liquid is a hazy light yellow-gold followed by a moderate volume, off-white head. Looking through the glass I see a torrent of carbonation. I lift for a smell, here is bread, yeast, white grapes. All leading up to a taste. Interesting. Immediately it leads with a spiciness. Then there is apricot , grain, biscuit, a small floral entry. The 9.5% abv is nowhere to intrude, far in the background. Warming up it improves. Not an earth shaker but very decent.

Drperky76 (41) - - DEC 2, 2017
I guess if I’m going to drink a beer with this high an alcohol content, I’d generally go for something a bit darker and meatier. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone