overall
RATINGS: 959   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
The pure water we receive from the East Branch of the Brandywine Creek that begins its journey to us just under 14 miles from where we brew with it. We’ll be celebrating this water (insert your lite beer joke here) with our anniversary beer, Headwaters Pale Ale, due to be released February 15, 2011. Now, considering that beer is the product of four simple ingredients and the three other than water rely on water for their existence, we’ve had a fair amount of latitude in paying homage to water in our beer. So, we’ve played all of our cards deftly, bringing the hops, malt and yeast in harmony, with our great local water as the conductor in Headwaters Pale Ale.

jw0406 (1315) - atlanta, Georgia, USA - FEB 28, 2011
16 oz pour from the brick store. Light head, with a amber color. Aromas of hops and citrus. Very well balanced, absolutely a great session beer

Chipalsa (1310) - Florida, USA - MAR 30, 2012
Got a fresh bottle, and the aroma most certainly said so - like fresh spring water, fresh bread, tangerine and hops! The flavor was crisp, with grassy notes and light malts before a delicate hop finish. At 5.2% this is incredibly drinkable, I should have gotten more than one.

agl108 (1307) - Upper St. Clair, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 3, 2011
On draft at Sharp Edge Brasserie. Poured light orange. Grassy, floral flavor. Crisp and sessionable.

redlem (1306) - Ohio, USA - MAR 28, 2013
A nice if ordinary pale ale. Citrus aroma and taste is well balanced with the sweetness of the malts. The taste and overall quality of the beer lacks a crispness that I prefer in this style.

mnurda (1305) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - APR 13, 2013
Bottled sample. Very citrusy. Lots of hops. Can taste the brandy wine water. Thanks to Knappster for the sample ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

raphael (1303) - Portland, Oregon, USA - APR 6, 2011
On tap at Pizza Daddy. Very pleasant surprise. If I lived here in PA would be a great session beer. Hoppier than many pales, a little thin with moments of hoppy edge at first. Light in body for a pale ale. almost no head.

hfmejias (1297) - Marshall, Minnesota, USA - JAN 15, 2013
Bottle poured an nice cloudy light brown with yellow hues, light white head that dissipated quickly, aroma is kind of herbal/woody and taste is hoppy but not overwhelming. Another nice offering from Victory.

John25 (1291) - Middletown, New Jersey, USA - APR 4, 2014
Draft. Top notch pale ale. Citrus and earthy hops with grain/bready malts. Balanced, tasty, clean mouthfeel. Just the right amount of flavor but still light and very drinkable. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Gregis (1291) - Stilwell, Kansas, USA - APR 27, 2011
Bottle from Midtown Wine and Spirits, in Nashville. Pours a clear, weak-tea/pale copper with a pillowy off-white head; this is easily the clearest pale I’ve ever seen. The nose is of dank citrus and dried grass hop notes along with a slightly biscuity and sweet malt backing. Light to medium-bodied and silky while on-the-tongue, the palate transitions to a pleasant, moderately bitter finish that lingers nicely. The flavor amps up the same qualities found on the nose, with citrus, somewhat grassy and piny hop notes dancing along with toasty pale malt to create one of the tastiest packaged pale ales I’ve sampled in a long time. This is a beer that I could stick with throughout an entire evening. For me, that is among the highest compliments I can pay to a session beer. This is good stuff.

roder60 (1289) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 18, 2012
A coworker brought a 6er of this to our recent beer club meeting. Poured a slightly hazy dark gold with foamy white head. Aroma is extremely floral and lemony. Flavor totally reflects aroma. To me it tasted like someone literally took rose petals and soaked them in a keg of a very light apa. Almost a soapy lavender flavor to it. Overall, not really my thing. Very different from your typical apa.