overall
RATINGS: 948   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
The pure water we receive from the East Branch of the Brandywine Creek that begins its journey to us just under 14 miles from where we brew with it. We’ll be celebrating this water (insert your lite beer joke here) with our anniversary beer, Headwaters Pale Ale, due to be released February 15, 2011. Now, considering that beer is the product of four simple ingredients and the three other than water rely on water for their existence, we’ve had a fair amount of latitude in paying homage to water in our beer. So, we’ve played all of our cards deftly, bringing the hops, malt and yeast in harmony, with our great local water as the conductor in Headwaters Pale Ale.

Alextricity's rating

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Alextricity (509) - Michigan, USA - MAR 20, 2013
Says to drink by June 23 2013, so I figure this is beer’s likely not more than a couple months old. Poured into a Samuel Adams "Perfect Pint" glass. Appearance: Almost crystal clear with a very slight haze; orange in color. There’s about a two finger head after the pour, but it isn’t long before it’s just a film on top. Lacing is pretty spotty from top to bottom. Smell: I first thought it really smelled like woman’s shampoo with spices in it. That sounds odd, but it really did -- and not in a bad way at all. It smells great. As it warms up a tad, I find that it smells a lot more like a quality pale ale with a valiant blend of hops and malt. Probably the high light of this beer. Taste/feel: Sweetness with the hops up front, that develops into more hops... and then more hops... and then finishes with the bitterness, with the flavor of caramel malts coming in to balance the hops. It’s odd to me, because the hops seem sweet, and the malts seem bitter. Hey, I’m not complaining. The Citra (I believe they’re Citra) hops, as usual, provide a very juicy quality to this beer, and the slight malty and spicy aftertaste on this beer makes it all the more satisfying. This is a great pale ale that has the bitterness of an IPA, but more overall qualities of an APA. Definitely a tasty pale ale worth seeking out. For the best flavor, I say take it out of the fridge five minutes before drinking it -- it’s when it’s at its best, I think.

jonas (8035) - Garching b. München, GERMANY - NOV 8, 2017
Bottle, slightly over BB. Deep amber, low head. Light resinny aroma, honey, oldschool. Crystal malt sweet base, light paper/oxidized. grassy, light cheesy, resinny. Ok despite its age.

tranzzik (63) - Sieradz, POLAND - SEP 7, 2017
355 ml bottle (BB 28.09.2017). Beer of an orange-deep gold colour, with a small head. The aroma is fruity, grainy, with some notes of something like butter or a pancake. The taste is quite fine, piney, caramel sweet with some herbs. The bitterness is moderate and pleasant. Solid beer, although I'm sure I would've enjoyed it more if it wasn't 3 weeks from expiring.

cwill (99) - Parkesburg, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 19, 2017
Bright amber pour. Sweet pleasant floral aroma, fruity with grainy background. This beer tastes good and has a nice creamy mouth feel. Very refreshing.

balloonbuffoon (605) - - AUG 15, 2017
12floz can, BBD: 07.13.2017, ~$1.75 unit price, nonic glass. Appears golden with some bubbles to support an ample, yet restrained head. Mild-moderate hop salient aroma of herb-apricot. A good balanced sessionable beer with equal parts toasted bread flavor from the malts and citrus tinged herb bitterness from the hops. I can go for this again.

aleksander9 (1898) - Oslo, NORWAY - JUL 19, 2017
-On tap Røør, Oslo- Tea, malty and herbal. Light dry finish. Nothing really stands out.

blackradioboy (223) - SCOTLAND - JUL 14, 2017
Can from Asda. My first Victory. Smells a bit eggy. Quite a full, dense tasting ale. Nothing really standing out bar a good mouthfeel. It's ok. It would get a higher mark but for the pong. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

redders1974 (1631) - Greater Manchester, ENGLAND - JUL 14, 2017
Gold with a fine head taste caramel grassy hop dry and well carbonated. Can picked up in asda.

glaurencinni (9) - - JUL 13, 2017 does not count
Very refreshing. Extremely hoppy with a sharp finish. Another great Victory beer ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

hauxe (939) - Butzbach, Hesse, GERMANY - JUL 7, 2017
Pours amber from the bottle and leaves a frothy white crown. Aroma is mild: a bit of citrus, a touch butterscotch, not much else. Taste is mildly bitter, dry, lightly sweet undertone in the finish. Medium bodied with average carbonation. All in all, a decent ale for casual consumption. Mild mannered, inoffensive, okay.

Towey1989 (3270) - Stoke On Trent, Staffordshire, ENGLAND - JUL 4, 2017
Can at Beerdock Leek. Pours a clear golden colour with a medium white head. Aroma of lemon, slight grapefruit, subtle pale malts and some floral hops. Taste of lemon, some grapefruit, slight pale malts, a little pine, a hint of tea and subtle floral hops. Light bodied and moderate carbonation. A lingering, dry, citrus hop bitterness in the finish. A simple, US hopped APA, I’m guessing cascade. Light and refreshing.