overall
RATINGS: 948   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
The pure water we receive from the East Branch of the Brandywine Creek that begins its journey to us just under 14 miles from where we brew with it. We’ll be celebrating this water (insert your lite beer joke here) with our anniversary beer, Headwaters Pale Ale, due to be released February 15, 2011. Now, considering that beer is the product of four simple ingredients and the three other than water rely on water for their existence, we’ve had a fair amount of latitude in paying homage to water in our beer. So, we’ve played all of our cards deftly, bringing the hops, malt and yeast in harmony, with our great local water as the conductor in Headwaters Pale Ale.

Marke29 (2) - - MAY 10, 2012 does not count
Amazing! Chose this one because my next homebrew is a pale ale, and I couldn't have made a better choice. The aroma is a little misleading- you think it's going to have a very bitter taste, but it has a great balance. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

grundsow (141) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 5, 2013
UPDATED: SEP 9, 2014 Pungent, I think is the word. So different that initially unsure of how I felt, but now I can’t get enough of the fantastic taste. Tremendous aroma, super-crisp, pale & uncomplicated with a very unusual hops flavor. The right amount of alcohol., reasonably priced at $32 a case, an all- around perfect beer.