overall
RATINGS: 948   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
The pure water we receive from the East Branch of the Brandywine Creek that begins its journey to us just under 14 miles from where we brew with it. We’ll be celebrating this water (insert your lite beer joke here) with our anniversary beer, Headwaters Pale Ale, due to be released February 15, 2011. Now, considering that beer is the product of four simple ingredients and the three other than water rely on water for their existence, we’ve had a fair amount of latitude in paying homage to water in our beer. So, we’ve played all of our cards deftly, bringing the hops, malt and yeast in harmony, with our great local water as the conductor in Headwaters Pale Ale.

hesscabob (9) - - MAR 7, 2012 does not count
A game-changer due to the clean, hoppy taste that Victory presents. Different than the usual in your face Victory tastes, but a good different. An organic take on an IPA. GREAT.

KUEric (977) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - DEC 8, 2012
Holy flowers batman! I can’t say that I’ve ever tasted a beer quite this floral. The flavor is sweet, floral and hoppy, but not in a bitter way, not in an overpowering way, an absolutely amazingly delicious way. Flavor is a 10 (there is also some citrus), I give it a 10, I still got wood (Varsity Blues reference a decade later is fine).

Alextricity (509) - Michigan, USA - MAR 20, 2013
Says to drink by June 23 2013, so I figure this is beer’s likely not more than a couple months old. Poured into a Samuel Adams "Perfect Pint" glass. Appearance: Almost crystal clear with a very slight haze; orange in color. There’s about a two finger head after the pour, but it isn’t long before it’s just a film on top. Lacing is pretty spotty from top to bottom. Smell: I first thought it really smelled like woman’s shampoo with spices in it. That sounds odd, but it really did -- and not in a bad way at all. It smells great. As it warms up a tad, I find that it smells a lot more like a quality pale ale with a valiant blend of hops and malt. Probably the high light of this beer. Taste/feel: Sweetness with the hops up front, that develops into more hops... and then more hops... and then finishes with the bitterness, with the flavor of caramel malts coming in to balance the hops. It’s odd to me, because the hops seem sweet, and the malts seem bitter. Hey, I’m not complaining. The Citra (I believe they’re Citra) hops, as usual, provide a very juicy quality to this beer, and the slight malty and spicy aftertaste on this beer makes it all the more satisfying. This is a great pale ale that has the bitterness of an IPA, but more overall qualities of an APA. Definitely a tasty pale ale worth seeking out. For the best flavor, I say take it out of the fridge five minutes before drinking it -- it’s when it’s at its best, I think.

MrBlueSky93 (524) - Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, ENGLAND - MAY 6, 2014
Review for thebeerguy. Expect early fruity flavours made of Strawberry, Raspberry, Lychee and summer fruits. This is then taken on by a biscuity caramel malt with touches of hay too. Then the hops fight back with their bitterness and bring back the fruit flavours from before. This mixes with the malty flavours and blasts around your mouth.

Matt_Foran (96) - Wilmington, Delaware, USA - AUG 7, 2014
Nice golden amber color with a nice hoppy floral aroma. On the palate you pick up the hops even more, with a nice malt backbone. Lasts nicely on the palate.

leghorn99 (254) - roma, ITALY - SEP 1, 2015
Di colore dorato carico, quasi ambrato; schiuma abbondante, di grana grossa, buona allacciatura, discreta persistenza. Al naso è molto ben equilibrata, con sentori di malto, una dolcezza leggera, pompelmo, luppolo, qualche speziatura e una presenza di pino. In bocca ritroviamo un buon equilibrio, con una combinazione di caramello e malti, che fa scorrere la bevuta rapidamente verso un retrogusto luppolato, che porta ad un finale amaro. Limone, mandarino, pompelmo e scorza d’arancia, offrono un’ottima interazione con note di luppolo erbaceo. Dissetante e rinfrescante, sessionabile!

docsteigs (542) - Texas, USA - MAR 21, 2011
This is a really nice beer; smells deceptively straightforward with mild piney hops but a very attractive pour and head retention; taste is complex and changes through the glass, beautiful combination of bittering hops, aromatics, and rich maltiness.

beertommy (1) - bath, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 16, 2011 does not count
Nice american pale ale. Citris nose. crisp mouth feel, nice hop balance, remember its an american pale ale. Overall victory hit the mark. This rating is for draft

nathan30533 (1020) - Clifton, Ohio, USA - APR 23, 2011
Great pale ale. Good forming head and great colored ale. Love the taste of the bitter hops. Crisp.

wlajwl (6940) - Quad Cities, Iowa, USA - JUL 1, 2012
Aroma is strong, piney hops and a hint of malts. The flavor is citrus/grapefruit, mild fruit undertones, malts and a lingering, bitter finish.