overall
RATINGS: 3191   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.78/5   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Bold, spicy and menacingly delicious, this American-hopped India Pale Ale offers an aromatic punch and then follows through with a lasting, full-bodied finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
aaronh (201) - McMurray, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 28, 2003
The copper red beer with amber highlights pours with a moderate white head that quickly dissipates. The hops are very intense from the first couple of sips. As the beer warms slightly, the flavor profile tries to become more balanced, but the hops always re-assert themselves. The finish has an excellent bitterness. The mouthfeel is solid, but has too much astringency for my tastes. A good beer that I enjoy much better in draught form.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
haddon90 (1630) - Newport Beach, California, USA - SEP 27, 2003
Amber pour with some white head that diminishes quickly. jgb9348 gave it to me when he came down to Knoxville. Hops jump out of the glass and in the flavor as well. Pretty good IPA! Too bad I can't get it in Tennessee.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Syd (921) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - SEP 27, 2003
Pours a a hazy amber with a decent head that reduces to surface foam with some lace. The aroma is as expected, quite hoppy. The flavor is somewhat well balanced between hops and malt. Not as "over the top" as Hazed and Infused, but still good for a hop head.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
TheDean (786) - MIlwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 21, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 13, 2003 Hooly hoppiness batman!!!!!! On first sip, this is just insane, but after a while, it tends to grow on you. This taste has been burned into my moemory, and it will not / nay, can not be forgotten. Revised - Ey Gad, this substance is the bane of my existance. Any time someone tells me they have a spicy IPA, I just laugh in their face. At first I didn't thhink I liked it that much, but...it's...like...crack. Need more...always need more. Nothing else can satisify the hoppy goodness of this beer. Everything else is just flavored water! I need to run out right now and score some more!!! My Precious.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
drinkbeer (283) - Redondo Beach, California, USA - SEP 20, 2003
UPDATED: NOV 17, 2003 I love IPA's. Victory is one of my top 3 favorite american brewing companies. Thus, you realize my excitement upon trying a Victory IPA. Let me tell y'all that Victory kicked my ass once again. Awesome IPA! From the pungent hop aroma, to the spicey hop taste balanced by just the right amount of malt. Wow! They know how to put american hops to good use. This is one of my favorite beers of all time. Also, if you let this one warm up a bit it brings out these awesome citrusy notes similar to other victory beers such as Golden Monkey.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
MaBeer1972 (1899) - Taunton, Massachusetts, USA - SEP 16, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 9, 2012 I will be the first to admit Im not a big IPA fan, but this one isnt as bad as others. The color is somewhat reddish-copper. Flavor is more on the spicy side than flowery, and I even detect a good malty tone, which for me, is always nice to see. The finish isnt as sticky as other IPAs. 2012: upgrade.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
bvkamp (2) - USA - SEP 9, 2003 does not count
Translucent amber color with a light soapy head that disappears quickly. Sweet almost floral aroma. Taste is kind of citrus-sweet with a bitter but pleasant aftertaste. I will recommend this beer to my friends.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BCAR (223) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - SEP 9, 2003
Great fruit/hop aroma. minimal head. Excellent floral taste with a nice bitter finish. Very refreshing. I've only tried a couple of Victory's offerings and I am impressed.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Spiesy (2338) - Sydney, Greater London, AUSTRALIA - SEP 5, 2003
Bottled. Lovely deep amber coloured body with a fine, lightly serviced beige head. Balanced hop and malt aroma. Lacy vale resulting from every sip. Big hop bitter flavour up front resulting in a long tailed palate. Very well presented ale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Libeerian (209) - Garner, North Carolina, USA - SEP 4, 2003
Assertively hoppy aroma and flavor yet well balanced with malt. Amazingly smooth.