overall
RATINGS: 2371   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58/5   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Bottle: Filtered.
Ingredients: 2 row German pale malt; Czech Saaz, German Northern Brewer hops.
Heaps o’ hops are hiding under the full, frothy head of this elegant Pils. All German malt subtleties linger beneath a long dry finish of this classy quencher. One of Michael Jackson’s 500 Classic Brews

bigal9699 (152) - Orange County, California, USA - JUN 13, 2002
While I'm not a fan of pils, this rendition is solid. Pale golden color. Pours with a big foamy white head. Flowery, bright, hoppy nose. Light and crisp on the palate. Medium hoppy, crisp, bitters taste. Seems a bit one-dimensional, still a good choice for those seeking a light and refreshing beer. Good BBQ beer.

Discofish (152) - USA - MAR 27, 2007
Pale amber color, More hop character than I’d expect from a pilsner but very smoth and not the least bit bitter.

phiconners (152) - Massachusetts, USA - JUN 21, 2007
Pours a nice gold. Taste is pretty bland, maybe it has to do with the style. Hops are there but very muted.

omegamike (152) - York, North Yorkshire, ENGLAND - JUL 13, 2012
Pours golden and clear, with a white, loose head. Aroma is gorgeous - caramel, wheat, a bucket load of hops. Flavor is well balanced between a pleasantly refreshing dry, bitter finish and a sweet honey malt backbone.

Northernbrewer (151) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - JAN 23, 2002
A full smooth bitter flavor with unusually spicy hop flavor and aroma. A very fine brew. There is a refreshing, almost menthol character to the hops that make this brew so unique and enjoyable in the often bland world of pilsners

Perm (151) - Tryon, North Carolina, USA - FEB 9, 2008
On tap at the Purple Onion, Saluda, NC.

Pilsner? Really? It certainly looks like a pilsner in the glass, but beyond that, I wouldn’t even peg it for a lager, let alone a Pilsener. To me it was much more reminiscent of an IPA or and APA. That being said, it’s a great beer in its own right. The palate was somewhat thin and sulfurish, and the nose somewhat sweet, but I’d gladly have more. When I want an American-made Pilsenser, I think I’ll stick to Trumer.

adrosson (150) - California, USA - APR 20, 2012
My favorite domestic pils! Will still go for a pilsner urquell if I could only have one ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

NaturalIce (149) - originally from Michigan, New York, USA - NOV 9, 2007
Overall - a good pilsner. I don’t usually drink this kind of beer but the liquor store had this beer advertised as a RateBeer 100 percentile beer so I figured I’d try it. Very hoppy aroma for a pilsner. Very smooth somewhat bitter finish, but it goes down easy. This is a pretty good beer, but I can’t see myself frequently buying it.

ruffian (149) - montvale, New Jersey, USA - JUL 12, 2004
solid german hop aroma coupled with a crisp yet soft malt aroma. Brilliant golden color. Some bitterness but not overpowering the malt flavors that take the forefront as the beer finishes.