overall
RATINGS: 2369   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58/5   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Bottle: Filtered.
Ingredients: 2 row German pale malt; Czech Saaz, German Northern Brewer hops.
Heaps o’ hops are hiding under the full, frothy head of this elegant Pils. All German malt subtleties linger beneath a long dry finish of this classy quencher. One of Michael Jackson’s 500 Classic Brews

ElGaucho (2401) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - AUG 18, 2002
Had this for the 1st time at the City Pages beer fest in Minneapolis a few months ago, and loved it, but the 3 oz I tasted were not enough to form a complete opinion. Now that I have, I have nothing but positive things to say. The 1st impression is a citrus fruit hoppy aroma. The appearance is unique; the cloudy, amber-gold hue with a thick white head provides an alluring attractiveness. This is quite possibly the best pilsner I've ever had, which means it supplants Urquell from the top of my list. There is so much flavor and complexity here, it is almost unfair to other Pilsners for Prima to be an entry in the Pilsner category. Nevertheless, the bar has been raised, and we all will benefit from competitors attempting to best the Prima!

maybrick350 (4) - West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 22, 2008 does not count
I’ve been drinking this pils for years. I agree with the NY Times panel abbout being the best pils in the world. It’s always consistent, great dry finish. Subtle malt notes and just a great crowd pleaser.

goatmask666 (9) - Colorado, USA - MAR 13, 2009 does not count
one of the best american pilsners I have had. Nice bright hops, it is hoppier than a european pils.

amarcero (24) - , Vermont, USA - FEB 10, 2010
UPDATED: JUN 21, 2010 Not really a fan of Prima. It’s very dry and grassy. I’ve noticed that their beers are often grassy. Edited a few months later: They must have had a problem with grass flavors from their hops or something because I don’t get any grass at all anymore. This is an absolutely fantastic German Pils.

dchew (6) - Austin, Texas, USA - NOV 5, 2010 does not count
This is absolutely one of my favorite beers. Well done Victory! The color is golden with a touch of haze with a thick white head. The nose is slightly floral with some grass. The taste is incredible! Crisp, clean, medium hops, refreshing, great on a summer day or any day for that matter. A must try for all.

Emeister84 (2505) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - NOV 13, 2012
UPDATED: JAN 30, 2013 Smells of fresh, perfumy, floral, herbal noble hops, with some funky, sourdough notes. Beautiful, clear, pale golden hue, with a moderately lasting, white head. Snappy, spicy hoppiness, and German pale malt flavors equipped with biscuity dryness. Light bodied, crisp and refreshing, lively carbonation, and finishes clean with lingering floral and perfumy hop flavors.

mountdad (6) - Mount Maunganui, NEW ZEALAND - JUL 17, 2017 does not count
The brewery has a special pouring recommendation for this which I tried - it takes a while!! See YouTube for a demo. Smells fresh, hoppy and drinkable. Pours yellow with a finger of white head. Tastes great! Very hoppy flavour but without the whack-you-on-the head IPA bitterness than is so prevalent currently. Hops are well balanced by smooth malts and a hint of sweetness. Medium bodied which reflects the 5.3% and the length is good; you can taste this long after the swallow so a good beer to have if you need to pace your intake. Probably the best beer I have had so far this year. Unfortunately I cannot find another bottle in NZ!

foamyhead (16) - California, USA - FEB 5, 2012
I’m not a pilsner drinker. There, I said it. Well, actually, I wasn’t a pilsner drinker until I found this beer. I was reluctant to try it but now that I did, I’m hooked. Hoppy and light grain aromas give a hint of what’s to come. Teasing flavors of hops drive this beer in a surprising way. Drinkable, enjoyable, perfect.

McStagger (13) - Santa Barbara, California, USA - JUL 28, 2012
Bottle, poured into a tulip tasting glass. Big pour leads to two fingers sticky white head. Beer is a beautiful golden straw. Retention is high, as is lacing. Crackery nose with spicy hop presence. Herbal and floral, with notes of lime and a touch of sulfur. Tastes surprisingly bitter for a pils. Over the top noble hop presence leads to the same leafy/floral notes, along with a high degree of minerality and a bit of soapy bitterness. Bright and lively carbonation keeps things light and refreshing, especially when paired with the dry aftertaste. This is simply one of the best lagers I have ever tasted. Very flavorful, bitter, drying and refreshing. Easily the best pilsner I have tasted. Kudos to Victory.

chicob (9) - Tel Aviv, ISRAEL - AUG 25, 2012 does not count
The best dry and crispy, yet flowery pils I know. the best in its style for craft beer lovers.