overall

RATINGS: 814   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7/5   EST. CALORIES: 261   ABV: 8.7%
The tenacious grip of big, juicy hop aroma and character slides smoothly into rich, dark malts. This heavyweight battle between fresh, Yakima Valley hops and dark, roasted malts is resolved harmoniously as the flavors merge to deliver complex satisfaction with a warming edge. Enjoy the ‘twilight’ for the bright and brassy hops!

ScottyP (425) - Brentwood, Tennessee, USA - JAN 2, 2010
Pours a clear, dark reddish/amber with tan head. Aroma of citrusy hops, roasted caramel malts, hint of grapefruit. Similar taste, although spicy with a dry, warm finish. Not one of my favorite offerings from Victory.

doboy (424) - Morehead City, North Carolina, USA - AUG 27, 2010
Really nice floral hops aroma. Pours a dark copper color. The hoppy flavor was excellent, and the mouthfeel was full and soft. really liked the bittering on the back side.

badwhale (420) - Bitterville, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 29, 2010
Bottle to mug. Large light brown head. Good lacing, and a dark red / brown color. Light malt flavors. Heavy hops which include spruce, citrus, orange, and lemon. Medium body, and a chalky finish. IMHO, and excellent beer.

RyanMM (416) - Ferndale, Michigan, USA - FEB 27, 2011
Pours a deep ruby brown, medium beige head that lingers for a bit. Aroma is a battle between dark, roasty malts and bright green floral hops. On the palate, this is a really interesting one. It’s dry throughout, actually hitting you at first with the hops and then the backbone of chocolatey, roasted malts comes in followed by a bitter, coffee and green hop finish. An interesting beer, but not my cup of tea.

f351c4v (411) - Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 1, 2009
On tap @ Mad Mex Cranberry. Pours a clear dark amber with an off white head that laces the glass nicely. Hops are totally overwhelming on the nose, very sharp floral notes. As expected, hops shine in the body; not a bright citrus hop character, more sappy and thick. Malts try to hold up, but are just dominated by conical goodness. Not well rounded, but who cares?

TATE (407) - Lubec, Maine, USA - JUN 25, 2011
Bottle. Pours a dark amber color with a thin off white head. Aroma is earthy and a balance of hop and malt. Bold hop flavor but pretty balanced. Spicy note at the end. Overall a good hoppy ale. A bit too much hop for my taste but again, very well balanced.

leems (406) - Portland, Oregon, USA - DEC 29, 2009
I was disappointed during my day trip to Seattle to find out Bottleworks cooler was broken so no beers on tap! I took the cashier recommendation and went down the street to the blue blahblah, it has a mural, pub. While irritated that they don’t serve food from 245 to 315 when I arrived at 246 I was surprised by a nice taplist. I chose this beer because Victory does good work and I was not disappointed. The hops are definitely there but the huge malt body balances them. A very easy to drink delicious American strong. I would definitely drink this again, if only they did growler fills!

beergodd1 (401) - Conneaut, Ohio, USA - JUN 13, 2011
I didn’t have any Idea what kind of beer this was when I bought it, so I was a little surprised when it came out so dark. The head is thick and sticky and the body is a perfectly clear dark mahogany. Aroma of roasted malts and piney hops. Medium bodied with average carbonation. Flavor of dark roasted and toasty malts countered by a grapefruit rind bitterness.Delicious. I will be looking to get more of this one.

pellegjr (396) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - AUG 15, 2011
Bottle, pours a clean mahogany w/ off-white foamy head, aroma of acramel malts and some citric hop, heavy mid-malt flavor up front with substantial bitterness on finish, decent

TreborWhip (393) - Reading, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 7, 2011
Bottle pours dark red with a frothy, light tan head. Aroma of dark malts, citrus, and herbs. Flavor begins with the sweetness of toffee and roasted malts and finishes with a carbonated hop wallop that lingers on the palate. I was surprised how much I enjoyed this warming, hoppy, ale.