overall
RATINGS: 133   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.55/5   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 330   ABV: 11%
This is a more concentrated version of our Sled dog recipe. This rich 10%Alc by vol. bock is a malty, full bodied lager with minor hop character. Expect it to agewell in your cellar for months, even years to come. Enjoy with hearty fare.

notalush (5910) - Lakewood, Colorado, USA - APR 27, 2003
Not as complex as other high alcohol bocks like Samichlaus, but it's alright - slight alcohol burn - malty notes of caramel - there is a slight Samichlaus-esque flavor to it, but this is a more subtle beer, a little too subtle - it's like there are all these flavors dying to come out, you can feeling them hiding back there, they just won't step forward - maybe with some aging these flavors will come out more, but I don't think I want to waste any precious space in my house aging a bottle of this.

Discofish (152) - USA - APR 3, 2003
Pretty much like the Sled Dog double bock, except 10%abv. A little too sweet for my taste, may get better with age.

jayme9874 (756) - Hamburg, New York, USA - MAR 24, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 28, 2006 Deep red/brown color. No head except for some foam clinging to the sides of the glass. Nose of malt, molasses, burnt sugar, fig, hint of port, waves of alcohol. Medium-full bodied, smooth, almost syrupy but its not. (could be as it warms I bet) Chewy, rich as hell malt, caramel, molasses, alcohol warmth all interlaced together nicely. I hated this before, for whatever reason, the alcohol presence made it undrinkable for me. I drain poured half of it. But now, its just a nice warmth. Bad or too young a batch before? Cannot imagine this one being a much older sample then the first but i have no clue. Good shit.