RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 3.2/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.92/5   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
This is brewed as an English style ale. Using English floor malted grains and East Kent Golding Hops. With a light amber hue you will find this beer to have earthy tones and a malty finish. Very well balanced English style ale.

Most RecentTicked By

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - FEB 1, 2006
A very true to style English bitter. I have to admit it was not my favorite, but then I had been trying stouts and porters before this, so my palate was piqued for other stronger styles so this may not be the most fair rating. Pours a beige to amber color, with a frothy sticky head and the appearance looks great, not much happening on the nose other than some light hoppiness and some cookie dough....mmmm...cookie. Mouthfeel has some lively acidity, but the flavors are kind of muddled and caught up in this bitter maltiness, that just could have been me, or the beer was just not to my liking, but will definitely have to come back to this one on a fresh day.