overall
RATINGS: 26   MEAN: 3.6/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.52/5   IBU: 80   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
This is our biggest brew by far. This hop head delight is loaded with seven hop additions! The tongue tingling bitterness comes from Amarillo, Chinook and Ahtanum hops. A great malt background balances the bitterness for a complex flavor.

raymo55 (10) - Hastings, Michigan, USA - AUG 6, 2015
Great IPA......nice malt.....great hops....good food.....good people.....nice town

BrownALEx (459) - Portland, Michigan, USA - JUN 19, 2015
If you can get your hands on this gem I suggest you do. Very hop forward beer. Very balanced. Great for any hophead. A must try. Also, if you are at the brewpub you need to try the food. Good all around place.

Mittenator (1612) - Michigan, USA - AUG 27, 2014
Draft at Walldorff's. Clear copper with a beige head. Sweet, light citrus and pine aromas. Sweet with a dry, resiny finish.

blackflag321 (688) - Lansing, Michigan, USA - MAR 22, 2014
Sampled my wife’s draft at brewpub. Super-sized hoppy aroma that I could smell across the table when the server brought our beers. Bright, amber-orange. with medium head. Sweet grapefruit. Not as bitter as I expected.

rumproasts (5478) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - NOV 15, 2013
tap at 2012 michigan winter beer festival. Amber with small head. Rather hoppy IPA with aboverage flavor.

esjaygee (3904) - Oak Creek, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 1, 2013
On tap at Walldorff brewpub. Copper with a thin white crown. Aroma is very fruity with citrus and tropical flare to go with caramel and some floral notes. Grapefruit, citrus, caramel and floral notes on the palette with caramel and a hint of alcohol. Bitterness around average.

Ughsmash (7508) - Pewaukee, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 27, 2012
Bottled. Poured clear medium orange with a dense, creamy eggshell head.. looked very good. The aroma picked up spicy pine, pineapple, and peppery hoppage over sweet caramel.. dank floral notes on the back of the nose.. came across very resiny. The flavor found sweet caramel and biscuity malts with bright alcohol-fueled bitterness around (mostly citrus and floral notes).. finished spicy with resiny bitterness, but not quite enough carbonation. Medium-bodied with not enough carbonation on the palate.. otherwise tasty and well-balanced.

crossovert (13457) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 2, 2012
Like the hop bill, but maybe the additions vould be better. It is definitely bitter but it isn’t round, it is rather blunt. Slightly spicy, dank, a decent malt backbone, the hops dont sing.

bruwery (35) - Lowell, Michigan, USA - NOV 9, 2011
On tap at Walldorff. This beer is very likable, but the alcohol really sneaks up on you, as the huge hop bill disguises it quite well. In fact, I had no idea until logging on here that the ABV is this high; I just assumed I had a low tolerance... I love the nose on this beer; my wife thinks I have issues because I hold the glass to my face for inordinate amounts of time simply enjoying the aroma.

Hudspart (538) - Byron Center, Michigan, USA - AUG 7, 2011
On tap at the brewpub. This was not a very good beer. Very thin and somewhat watery. Maybe I just had a bad one seeing the other reviews, but this is a very, very weak IPA.