Brewed by Wanaka Beerworks
Style: Spice/Herb/Vegetable
Wanaka, New Zealand

RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 3.37/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.95/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Herby Golden Double
A beer where the subtle flavours of coriander, cumin and caraway find they way through the malt and hops. Very subtle and dangerous.
Wort filtered to 16 plato, 30 IBU bitter hopping, bottled conditioned Best served at 6-8

Most RecentTicked By

Pdubyah's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Pdubyah (733) - Auckland, - DEC 19, 2012
I don’t really know. This isn’t a beer that is challenging or edgy, it’s not unpleasant or difficult. Its’ also not one thing or another and I don’t think you could put this in a compartment of other beers similar. I’m sure I had beers that are similarly different. Looks great, pours well, earthy aroma lingers, malt play through, I could drink another.

beerledgend (1196) - Waterloo, Wellington, NEW ZEALAND - OCT 29, 2012
Hazy orange/red colour with big fluffy white head. That hop flavour hides the alcohol volume is well balanced and very moorish. Mild bitterness on tongue but disappears quickly.Fantastic!!!

Karori (8) - NEW ZEALAND - AUG 3, 2012 does not count
Nice beer, but a strange "salty"taste. Not unpleasant, a bit like Dutch /Icelandic liquorice. Would buy it again

Jimthechap (2064) - Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND - APR 21, 2012
Hazy orange colour with a good carpet of thick white head that left good lace along the sides of the glass as it subsided. Slightly funky aroma initially then blood orange zest and Asian spice aromas such as garam masala and cinnamon. I’m pleased to be able to say that the funk I initially got passed in a short time and the spices and malt characters came out in force. To taste there’s an almost Belgian yeast character to the beer, lovely and fruity and well balanced between sweet and dry. There was an enduring tingle to this beer that was a combination of mouthfeel and complementary herbal notes. The finish dwells on the front of the tongue like sherbet. If you happen to burp, you’ll be rewarded with a generous helping of oranges. I wasn’t sure about this beer at first, but as it lingers in my mouth I want more. Pints more.