overall

RATINGS: 33   MEAN: 3.21/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.18/5   IBU: 20   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Belgian Style Cream Ale

Dal9000's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Dal9000 (669) - Ohio, USA - AUG 15, 2014
Pours cloudy yellow with a thin almost oily head. Immediate taste of bread yeast and corn? This has a sweet mild allspice finish. At Dark Horse tavern. ---Rated via Beer Buddy

Shot (562) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - OCT 22, 2017
Can. Pours a cloudy gold with a thin creamy white head. Aromas of cut grass, corn, bananas and clove. Upfront flavors of tart fruit...tropical fruit, citrus...subtle spice notes...cut grass, corn, bread. Prickly on the tongue with a creamy, dry finish. Lingering hop burn. Very nice mouthfeel. Refreshing. Not a flavor explosion, but very nice. Suitable for a summer afternoon.

Patrickctenchi (6730) - Cox’s Knob, columbus, Indiana, USA - DEC 23, 2016
Can: Hazy yellow-gold with a thick white head. Lemon-lime, yeast, grain aroma. Flavour is creamy, lime, grain malt....slightly peppery. Really does a nice job combining Belgian and Cream Ale feel and taste.

shrubber85 (11615) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - DEC 17, 2016
Can. Yeast, orange, lime, biscuit malt and straw aroma. Hazy golden yellow with small head. Moderately sweet citrus, biscuit malt and mildly bitter straw flavor. Body a bit light.

Drake (14078) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 23, 2016
Keg at the brewpub, 8/11/16. Hazy yellow orange, thin fizzy off-white head, good retention. Aroma of corn, lime, yeast. The taste is citrus, lime, corn. Medium bodied.

edgallow (4469) - nashville, Tennessee, USA - OCT 15, 2016
16 oz can pours golden with a white head. Aroma of fruit, grass and spice. Taste is pepper, fruit and caramel.

mejiajav (8) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - OCT 4, 2016 does not count
Beer trading has become an increasingly popular hobby for many craft beer lovers. Trading allows us to get our greedy little paws on liquid beauties we otherwise would have to travel to obtain. I began trading a while back and it has become a frequent, but expensive, part in my life. If you’re interested in trading, which I highly recommend, check out The Beer Exchange to get started. I received this beer in a trade today along with some other beers I cant get in my area. I don’t recall discussing it with the trader so I am just going to assume this was an extra he decided to throw in at the last minute. The can describes it as a Belgian Style Cream Ale brewed with spices. If I hadn’t read the can I would have assumed this was some sort of wit with a healthy addition of spices based on the way it smelled. Up front, I got a good amount of bittery citrus notes on the nose which leaned heavily on the sour lemon side instead of the more common sweet orange. I picked up other yet undecipherable spices in there, as well as a good dose of wheat. Ermal’s has a cloudy and hazy pale-orange appearance. I poured my 16-oz can into my New Belgian pint snifter and the head topped my glass with about two fingers before I could pour out the entire can. The head dissipates quickly leaving behind a micro-thin lacing that sticks around for the entire glass. A big punch of lemongrass and an odd peppery sting were very noticeable on the palate. In the middle there is a slight grain and wheat sweetness with lots of straw and hay. It is hard to notice much after the big wallop of lemongrass and citrus at the front. The back end gives way to more of the peppery spice on top of grassy notes, a strong herbal bitterness and faint coriander. Overall a very drinkable beer! Belgian wits (although this claims to be a Belgian Cream Ale) are not on the top of my favorite-styles list, but I can down a few of these. There is definitely a nice, welcoming twist on the Belgian wit style (Belgian Cream Ale style… whatever) that Warped Wing brings to the table with this one. https://agrainoftruthblog.wordpress.com

Gespuccian (144) - Wisconsin, USA - JUN 30, 2016
Pours a hazy yellow, generous fluffly head. A little bit of banana and spice on the nose, and some graininess, reminiscent of a tripel. Taste is less so - this is also very much a cream ale, which serves to mute the more interesting aromas and cover them with a somewhat full and watery, but not terribly effervescent mouthfeel. Comes across as an underachieving beer. Interesting concept, but doesn’t totally deliver.

Panzuriel (2366) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - JUN 10, 2016
Location: sample on tap at tap room Appearance: Mildly hazy lighter golden. fine head of small white bubbles. Nose: faint, but certain aroma of cereal and yeast esters. Banana. Touch of clove. Taste: Lightly roasted cereal. Cloying ester presence, but not too much. a bit of grain Body: Light but creamy. Yea, cliché but correct. Parting thoughts: a nice beer. not sure if I’ve had a Belgian cream before.

ajtrupp (340) - Broomfield, Colorado, USA - APR 29, 2016
Nice, clean taste. Not overly sweet, the cream adds a lot to the beer. Awesome cams, the artwork is some of the best I’ve seen.

Nephilium (1821) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - DEC 31, 2015
Mild aroma of yeast esters, pours a cloudy light amber with a quickly fading thin white head. Mild grain flavor, with a touch of perceived sweetness from the yeast esters. Light bodied, easy drinking, but not my favorite twist on the Cream Ale style.