overall

RATINGS: 32   MEAN: 3.2/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.17/5   IBU: 20   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Belgian Style Cream Ale

Dal9000's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Dal9000 (549) - Ohio, USA - AUG 15, 2014
Pours cloudy yellow with a thin almost oily head. Immediate taste of bread yeast and corn? This has a sweet mild allspice finish. At Dark Horse tavern. ---Rated via Beer Buddy

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Drake (12470) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 23, 2016
Keg at the brewpub, 8/11/16. Hazy yellow orange, thin fizzy off-white head, good retention. Aroma of corn, lime, yeast. The taste is citrus, lime, corn. Medium bodied.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
edgallow (3743) - nashville, Tennessee, USA - OCT 15, 2016
16 oz can pours golden with a white head. Aroma of fruit, grass and spice. Taste is pepper, fruit and caramel.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
mejiajav (7) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - OCT 4, 2016 does not count
Beer trading has become an increasingly popular hobby for many craft beer lovers. Trading allows us to get our greedy little paws on liquid beauties we otherwise would have to travel to obtain. I began trading a while back and it has become a frequent, but expensive, part in my life. If youíre interested in trading, which I highly recommend, check out The Beer Exchange to get started. I received this beer in a trade today along with some other beers I cant get in my area. I donít recall discussing it with the trader so I am just going to assume this was an extra he decided to throw in at the last minute. The can describes it as a Belgian Style Cream Ale brewed with spices. If I hadnít read the can I would have assumed this was some sort of wit with a healthy addition of spices based on the way it smelled. Up front, I got a good amount of bittery citrus notes on the nose which leaned heavily on the sour lemon side instead of the more common sweet orange. I picked up other yet undecipherable spices in there, as well as a good dose of wheat. Ermalís has a cloudy and hazy pale-orange appearance. I poured my 16-oz can into my New Belgian pint snifter and the head topped my glass with about two fingers before I could pour out the entire can. The head dissipates quickly leaving behind a micro-thin lacing that sticks around for the entire glass. A big punch of lemongrass and an odd peppery sting were very noticeable on the palate. In the middle there is a slight grain and wheat sweetness with lots of straw and hay. It is hard to notice much after the big wallop of lemongrass and citrus at the front. The back end gives way to more of the peppery spice on top of grassy notes, a strong herbal bitterness and faint coriander. Overall a very drinkable beer! Belgian wits (although this claims to be a Belgian Cream Ale) are not on the top of my favorite-styles list, but I can down a few of these. There is definitely a nice, welcoming twist on the Belgian wit style (Belgian Cream Ale styleÖ whatever) that Warped Wing brings to the table with this one. https://agrainoftruthblog.wordpress.com

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Gespuccian (141) - Wisconsin, USA - JUN 30, 2016
Pours a hazy yellow, generous fluffly head. A little bit of banana and spice on the nose, and some graininess, reminiscent of a tripel. Taste is less so - this is also very much a cream ale, which serves to mute the more interesting aromas and cover them with a somewhat full and watery, but not terribly effervescent mouthfeel. Comes across as an underachieving beer. Interesting concept, but doesnít totally deliver.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Panzuriel (2003) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - JUN 10, 2016
Location: sample on tap at tap room Appearance: Mildly hazy lighter golden. fine head of small white bubbles. Nose: faint, but certain aroma of cereal and yeast esters. Banana. Touch of clove. Taste: Lightly roasted cereal. Cloying ester presence, but not too much. a bit of grain Body: Light but creamy. Yea, clichť but correct. Parting thoughts: a nice beer. not sure if Iíve had a Belgian cream before.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 11/20
ajtrupp (340) - Broomfield, Colorado, USA - APR 29, 2016
Nice, clean taste. Not overly sweet, the cream adds a lot to the beer. Awesome cams, the artwork is some of the best Iíve seen.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Nephilium (1727) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - DEC 31, 2015
Mild aroma of yeast esters, pours a cloudy light amber with a quickly fading thin white head. Mild grain flavor, with a touch of perceived sweetness from the yeast esters. Light bodied, easy drinking, but not my favorite twist on the Cream Ale style.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
drsordr (2445) - Loveland, Ohio, USA - OCT 23, 2015
Draft to taster at Gordoís pour hazy light yellow with thin white head. Nose some Belgian ester and banana. Taste banana, light ester, then grainy malt. Slight chemical mid palate. Grainy finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
jsquire (4209) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - OCT 2, 2015
Hazy golden beer with a loose white head. Light orange and spice nose. The first taste I get out of this beer is water. There is some stale orange peel citrus and a spice note that I like, but in general this is not something I want to drink again.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
Steverus0 (263) - Shreveport, Louisiana, USA - JUL 25, 2015
Spicy slightly yeasty aroma and an orange, cloudy appearance. Tight effervescence on the palate. Plenty of spice but a bit watery. Maybe just not my style. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone